Daily Mail Offer-£2 pn Pitch

Mike B.

Hi All

I expect most of you will have picked up on this but just in case:

The Daily Mail is running a special offer which gives you up to 5 nights (Min 2) from Sunday-Thursday inc. at a large number of sites around the UK for £2 per night! Yes £2! No catch (I expected to find one) The only condition is 2 night stay and of course the dates are outside high season.

This is for a basic pitch (What else do you need?) and you have to pay extra for electricity and/or entertainment (Varies between £2-£4 pn per pitch) but is not compulsory

It really is genuine. I have just booked 5 nights in Woolacombe (www.woolacombe.co.uk) 1st week in Sept for £10. Cheaper than parking up in Wakefield town centre for 4 hrs in the car!!!

If you're interested go to: www.dailymail.co.uk/promotions and follow the instructions

Mike

Oh yes, Woolacombe, was there a couple of weeks ago ,drove down into village past some cafes ect and miles of double yellows, only to be directed into a sea front carpark at £6 a go! No way was I going to pay that! Carried on up the hill past rows and rows of parking meters.

When will these councils learn that they are cutting thier own throats with this type of money grabbing behavior. Needless to say I did not stay and took my spending money with me.

At £2 a night for the camp site and walking down to the sea front seems like a bargain, if you can tolerate a Haven holiday park, and fit enough to walk back up the hills.

The parking charges in Cornwall are just as obscene, heaven help the British tourist industry. :'(

antony1969 - 2011-06-22 4:43 PM

Nice one Mike ten quid for week Woolacombe , It dont get much betta than that place , what site ?

Hi Antony

I booked at Twitchen House but there are 4 sites all same owners (Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks) and you can pick which one you want

By the way the passwords for offer are club, tent, paddle

The offer is still open as they published the wrong dates-it only opened last Sunday19th

Mike

chas - 2011-06-23 7:33 AM

Oh yes, Woolacombe, was there a couple of weeks ago ,drove down into village past some cafes ect and miles of double yellows, only to be directed into a sea front carpark at £6 a go! No way was I going to pay that! Carried on up the hill past rows and rows of parking meters.

When will these councils learn that they are cutting thier own throats with this type of money grabbing behavior. Needless to say I did not stay and took my spending money with me.

At £2 a night for the camp site and walking down to the sea front seems like a bargain, if you can tolerate a Haven holiday park, and fit enough to walk back up the hills.

The parking charges in Cornwall are just as obscene, heaven help the British tourist industry. :'(

Hi Chas

Don't be silly-I'm taking the bike not walking about, there are no parking charges for solo motorcycles!!

Never been to this area before so quite looking forward to seeing surrounding areas as well. As a matter of interest no extra charges for bike & trailer either as I note this has been a topic on a few threads recently

Mike

Mike there are parking charges thats true as there are in Cornwall , but if you can get over that then I tell ye Woolacombe on a hot day on that beach about half way on past the crowd is bloody great . I pretend to surf and body board and sometimes take the kiteboard on , for me its heaven . Try The Boardwalk for something to eat in the evening , little more expensive than other eating spots but worth it , When we go and its good weather we park up for £6 at about 9ish in morning , full day on beach and sumat to eat , I dont think thats bad for £6 , enjoy it mate am jealous

pelmetman - 2011-06-23 11:05 PM

Trouble is you might end up next to a Daily Mail reader (lol) (lol) (lol) .................Joke ;-)

Could be worse-could be a Daily Star reader-but then again can they read? :-D

It would be nice to get A site..its not the holiday season..not summer really..but spent all day trying to get a site in Dorset..for next week...many are FULLY booked already!! {The Mail may have booked them?]

The idea of having this great big white thing on the drive..so that I can put my Carlsberg special in..fill it up with fuel and ...just go..aint quite right somehow.

I am told by some sites to just arrive there and more often than not there will be a vacancy..cos someone will not show on the day??

I intend to read the Mail/The Sun/the Barnsley Chronicle..whatever it takes..I still think LARGE deposits should be paid on booking.

Hope you all have a great summer rolling around.

Update:

As far as I can ascertain the deadline for making bookings is up to 8 July, so if anyone is having a problem too with booking direct with the park of their choice, ring central reservations instead on 0843 309 2727 who can do it for you.

cheetahdavie - 2011-06-27 12:13 AM

It would be nice to get A site..its not the holiday season..not summer really..but spent all day trying to get a site in Dorset..for next week...many are FULLY booked already!! {The Mail may have booked them?]

The idea of having this great big white thing on the drive..so that I can put my Carlsberg special in..fill it up with fuel and ...just go..aint quite right somehow.

I am told by some sites to just arrive there and more often than not there will be a vacancy..cos someone will not show on the day??

I intend to read the Mail/The Sun/the Barnsley Chronicle..whatever it takes..I still think LARGE deposits should be paid on booking.

Hope you all have a great summer rolling around.

Sorry Dave-this is probably my fault-I told all my mates about this offer and everyone has gone mad trying to book it as it's cheaper than parking!!!

Hope you have some success, there are vacancies in Sept deffo because I've booked 2!

Mike

Right, after having a web chat with Central Reservations yesterday, I rang them today to make a booking.

The girl was very nice but didn't know much so had to check ... a long while later she confirmed that there was an offer which expired on 24 June but not this one - looks like the site I was ringing (Ty Mawr, Rhyl) had got their offer deadlines mixed up! So she commenced my booking, then had to check if I could actually book a 'non-electric' pitch for a motorhome as she thought it had to be one with electric as the 'non-electric' ones were for tents ... I did point out that I knew others had done so ... so off she went to check .... more waiting ... back again and she asked if I had a battery ... yes we've got a solar panel so don't need electric ... of she popped again ... I managed to do some emailing, drink my coffee and eat my yoghurt, plus do some typing during this time. Eventually she came back again and we proceeded with the booking ... now she had to work out how to do the discount from the normal price ... waiting, waiting, waiting ... finally we got it sorted and I paid - phew!!!! *-)

£8 for a 4 nights' pitch at Ty Mawr prior to the Northern show next month. :->

I'm so glad that I asked to do this at work as it took 19 mins and 49 seconds from start to finish ... that would have cost me £8.18 had I rung on my mobile phone, more than the flipping camping fee!!!!! 8-)

So if anyone else is ringing Ty Mawr and they try to tell you that the offer has finished, ring the central reservations.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought you all might be interesed to hear that when we were at Ty Mawr having a swim, our 'tenting neighbour from over the hedge' spotted us and told us that apparently around the end of July there is normally another offer that comes out at 95p a night ... yes, that's right, 95p a night ... for camping at one of the various parks around the country, so keep your eyes peeled for it!

Our stay at Ty Mawr, near Rhyl, was very nice, we decided to go in the 'overflow' field, no hook-up at all, but it meant that the dogs could potter without worrying about them bothering anyone, or anyone bothering them. We found that it was on the 'dog walk' route so they had the opportunity to play with various other dogs and humans which was nice. One couple in a tent about 60ft away were very nice but the female could talk the hind leg off a donkey ... the couple about 30ft away were a hoot and we got on really well with them, trading stupid insults for a few days and generally having a good laugh.

The facilities were excellent - a new washing up/toilet/shower block had been installed (prefabricated type) and the showers were wonderful - if I could have found a way of 'acquiring' one to bring home I would have!!!! :D The pool was great although we only ever had a swim in the morning so didn't get a chance to go on the water slide which was only 'open' in an afternoon. Had we wanted, the beach was only a 10 mins max walk away, but as we went out in the van each day, we just stopped en-route. It was really nice to have a break but I must admit that after a couple of days in the same place we were starting to go a bit stir-crazy.

It did refresh our memories as to why we don't normally go on sites, mainly due to some of the 'tenting neighbours' sitting up until the wee small hours chatting and playing music ... they obviously didn't appreciate how the noise carried. Having to keep going back to the same place each night (with all the speedbumps!) was a pain too. We much prefer to drive along and see things, rather than having to back-track all the time, so our wildcamping or 'one night in the same place' stops suits us fine.

I'd certainly go again, but probably only for a couple of nights and then change to another site for another couple. B-)

Archived