Motorhome width

jeffc

Hi Iv'e been looking at american motorhomes, and a friend has just emailed me to say that there are new regulations re the width of motorhomes, I can;t seem to find anything. Have read a massage somewhere which states that 2.55 metres is the max width is this so.Help

[QUOTE]jeffc - 2006-03-28 3:19 PM Hi Iv'e been looking at american motorhomes, and a friend has just emailed me to say that there are new regulations re the width of motorhomes, I can;t seem to find anything. Have read a massage somewhere which states that 2.55 metres is the max width is this so.Help[/QUOTE] Have seen it somewhere recently - buy an older one

Your best bet it probably to contact your local vehicle licensing office who will be able to give you the correct information. You really don't want to go buying an 'over-wide' American motorhome otherwise you won't be able to use it on UK roads. DO NOT take the work of a dealer - check for yourself. There was a case recently when a chap bought a motorhome from a dealer and I believe was not told that it was illegal in the UK due to it's width, but the Court didn't uphold the owner's complaint and he was severly out of pocket!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived