Sigma Alarm/immobilser

Tiny Tim

After nearly causing civil war with the dreaded polarity question - I hesitated before using my typing finger on this query - but the information that I need is important, to me anyway!

As previously mentioned, we have very recently become the proud and somewhat poorer owners of a 2006 Autocruise Sarasota. With the manuals that were provided (and with the help of some links provided by Flicka), we have ninety percent of our equipment covered. What we do not have - and this is a bit fundamental - is a manual for the Sigma 'S' Alarm/Immobiliser (Thatcham 1). This was fitted by Brownhills as a part of its Suntor rebadging back in 2006 but that is about all that I know. The bits that I can see are firstly the key fob bit, which has two buttons on it, one larger than the other and has the Text: 'Type AC111'' on it. The other visible bit is a numeric key pad on the windscreen.

Now we can activate the alarm etc by pressing the larger of the two buttons and that also locks the doors, but as for any other operation, I have no idea what is available. I have asked dear Brownhills, but they do not appear to keep records.

My query is, can anybody identify the model or range for me, or even better still send me a link to an on- line manual. I have googled Sigma, but there seems to be quite a range of models.

Tim

:-D ......don't get too put off about the "polarity" thread - It's one of those questions that (as I think I've punned before) polarises opinion. (One of the reasons why I'm careful to differentiate between fact and my own opinion).

In asking questions as a new owner, it's all too easy to stray into such areas - just don't take any flak personally - everyone has to find out somehow!

Questions on Sigma alarms come up fairly regularly as well (they seem to have been delivered with a self-vapourising manual!).

There are various references on other motorhome forums; searching will help, but the following thread may be of some help in getting you started.

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-45406.html

Careful........if you originally thought it was an S series, it may well be the S30, which is also mentioned in some hits.

The reference to Scorpion is interesting, as their website holds details of the (current) range of Sigma alarms, but there doesn't appear to be a downloadable manual.

http://www.scorpionauto.com/sigma.htm

....but it may provide a final point of reference for info.

Thanks again, looks like a useful site - but just one problem remains, my radio fobs have two buttons whereas all that are shown on the two links that you provided only show single button. Still - I am a lot closer.

Tim

Sounds the same as mine, if you arm the alarm (big button) then press the small button within, I think, 10 seconds, it turns the internal sensors off so it is just on the doors etc.

Also, when you are in bed you can arm the alarm and then turn the internal sensors off so you don't set the alarm off when you get up for a wee.

Finally, when the alarm is armed if you press and hold the small button it acts as a panic alarm and sets the alarm off.

I have an owners manual, if you want a copy let me know by PM and I will do one.

H

Hi Tim

We had a Sigma Alarm fitted by Brownhills on our previous Oct 06 Bessacarr.

The fob buttons on that also worked as described by Halli.

Additionally you may have a small button on the dash, (ours was to the bottom left of the centre consol which turned off the interior detectors)

If you have problems disabling the internal sensors, they can be disabled by sticking Blu-Tack in them

(lol)

You should also find there are magnetic switches fitted to the habitation door & external locker doors.

(but Brownhill's forgot the Toilet Cassette locker door on our Bessy :-( )

hallii - 2011-06-22 9:23 PM

Sounds the same as mine, if you arm the alarm (big button) then press the small button within, I think, 10 seconds, it turns the internal sensors off so it is just on the doors etc.

Also, when you are in bed you can arm the alarm and then turn the internal sensors off so you don't set the alarm off when you get up for a wee.

Finally, when the alarm is armed if you press and hold the small button it acts as a panic alarm and sets the alarm off.

I have an owners manual, if you want a copy let me know by PM and I will do one.

H

Thanks for your contribution - I have sent a PM.

Tim

flicka - 2011-06-22 11:39 PM

Hi Tim

We had a Sigma Alarm fitted by Brownhills on our previous Oct 06 Bessacarr.

The fob buttons on that also worked as described by Halli.

Additionally you may have a small button on the dash, (ours was to the bottom left of the centre consol which turned off the interior detectors)

If you have problems disabling the internal sensors, they can be disabled by sticking Blu-Tack in them

(lol)

You should also find there are magnetic switches fitted to the habitation door & external locker doors.

(but Brownhill's forgot the Toilet Cassette locker door on our Bessy :-( )

Hi Flicka

I was worried about that small button! Mine has a little red light in the same panel. I have contacted Hallii for a copy of his manual - aint the forum helpful!

Tim

• 8 months later...

Hi Hallii

We are just getting used to our 1st M/H (2006 Autocruise Starburst). She has a Sigma alarm system fitted and my fob has Sigma AC111 stamped on it. I see that you were able to give a copy of the manual to another forumee - is it possible to send it to me please?

Cheers

Frank

Hi Frank

This posting is now 9 months old, Halli may not pick up on it.

We have a sigma alarm but ours is S34 also on a 2006 van. In our notes there is a telephone no for the technical help lin e

023 8033 3222 which is 24 hrs. This may be of help to you

PJay

We had one fitted by Brownhills on our last Rapido. It did indeed work as has already been said here. We always thought how thoughtful it was of Brownhills to stick the keynpad to the top of the windscreen in a manner that would have made it very difficult to fit a new windscreen had this ever been needed!

portman_blue - 2012-03-05 12:21 AM

Hi Hallii

We are just getting used to our 1st M/H (2006 Autocruise Starburst). She has a Sigma alarm system fitted and my fob has Sigma AC111 stamped on it. I see that you were able to give a copy of the manual to another forumee - is it possible to send it to me please?

Cheers

Frank

I have an AC111 on my van-PM me and I'll copy the manual for you

Mike

Archived