Own goal for women's liberation

postnote

I would like to applaud the movement for "feminism" or "women's liberation." These reformers wanted the same pay as men, equal rights in law etc.

They can now boast that they have accomplished their goal as set out in 1986 as to Campaign for Equal State Pension Ages, a wholly voluntary organisation concerned with the equal rights of men and women.

But did I hear right, all those women championing the cause are now crying wolf as they now have to work as long as a man. Ladies some you gain some you lose..

:-S

... but wouldn't it have been great instead of it being equalled upwards, it wall all equalled downwards, to 60? You'd have been slapping the libers on the back then.

As for working to the same age as men ... my official retirement age is 66 and I'm a girlie! 8-) One of the reasons I married my husband 30 years ago is because he's 5 years older than me so we were set for our retirement pensions at the same time, now the b*ggers have altered it

... might have to get a divorce!!! :D

Guest Tracker

Nice posting Postnote - see - you can do it!

It is a well known and well established statistical fact that on average women live about 4 years longer than men - probably CliveH has the exact figure - so why on earth were women ever allowed to have their pension five years earlier than men in the first place?

Perhaps it should be argued that women should at least now compromise and only have to work two years longer than men to get a full pension - which they will, on average, still get to enjoy for two more years than their male counterpart pensioners?

Guest pelmetman

Yeah........ I am a toyboy and was expecting to live off Sue's pension 8-) ..............I've got to wait until 2013 now.........bl**dy womens lib >:-(

You should of heard Sue moaning about not getting er bus pass 8-) .........................................funny thing is we don't get any buses here (lol) (lol)............................

pelmetman - 2011-06-24 9:24 PM

Yeah........ I am a toyboy and was expecting to live off Sue's pension 8-) ..............I've got to wait until 2013 now.........bl**dy womens lib >:-(

You should of heard Sue moaning about not getting er bus pass 8-) .........................................funny thing is we don't get any buses here (lol) (lol)............................

Couldn't use your bus passes in Spain anyway so you have lost nothing, win win eh :D :D

Current life expectancy in the UK is

77.2 years for men

81.6 years for women

(am i sad or what (lol) )

but if were a single male - I would be pushing for male pension age being 4.4 years earlier than women 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :->

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2011-06-24 11:28 PM

Current life expectancy in the UK is

77.2 years for men

So if your 65 year old Mr average, you can expect just 12.2 years of retirement 8-) ................................don't seem like very long to me 8-) 8-)

I'm 53, I've been semi retired since 46, and now I want to fully retire :D ...............lazy b****r ain't I (lol)

Mel B - 2011-06-24 10:19 PM ... but wouldn't it have been great instead of it being equalled upwards, it wall all equalled downwards, to 60? You'd have been slapping the libers on the back then.

No the libbers would have complained that this was discrimination and that they should also have had a five year reduction  because the men had. Theres two sides to equality ;-)

Archived