Have you ever had German sausage and what does it taste like?

postnote

It seems that German sausage is becoming more popular than our good old English sausage. As like ours there are a variety of differing types, sizes and colours not to mention the different tastes ranging from sweet though savoury to salty.

Come on what is the best sausage you have had?

*-)

Don't like German sausages, not a patch on 'normal' British/Irish ones in my view. We've found the German ones can sometimes be like rubber, tasteless, chewy, gristly - either all at the same time or in various combinations!

We got some lovely sausages from Ireland and wish we'd brought some back with us they were so tasty. :D

Don't like English sausages, not a patch on 'normal' Scottish/Irish ones in my view. We've found the English ones can sometimes be like rubber, tasteless, chewy, gristly - either all at the same time or in various combinations!

Now, German sausages are so diverse in flavour, texture and seasoning that we will never be able to taste them all and comment.

Mel B - 2011-06-28 6:03 PM

Don't like German sausages, not a patch on 'normal' British/Irish ones in my view. We've found the German ones can sometimes be like rubber, tasteless, chewy, gristly - either all at the same time or in various combinations!

:D

My girlfriend's the same finds it hard to swallow German sausage. There is something about British sausage.

postnote - 2011-06-28 2:07 PM

It seems that German sausage is becoming more popular than our good old English sausage. As like ours there are a variety of differing types, sizes and colours not to mention the different tastes ranging from sweet though savoury to salty.

Come on what is the best sausage you have had?

*-)

Currywurst from the pavement serving window of a little cafe in Leipzig city centre last summer. Looking for a snack and trying to choose from a mass of eateries, I spotted a line of yellow-jacketed construction workers patiently waiting to reach the servery window and thought they must know what they are doing. Delicious sausage with hit-the-spot spicy sauce and great value for money as well.

Yum.

Bob

Lidl Chorizo sausage is the best of its type - sold as a whole U shaped sausage in plastic bag. far better than anything from the other supermarkets.

Not tried their "ordinary" German sausage - but will now. I find the German products in general far better quality than the usual stuff. They also do a fantastic jar of sweet pickled gherkins.

We chop the chorizo up small and cook with other meat like chicken - usually in a stir fry. The flavour is superb and is better that any sauce.

Archived