In through the garage door...

deegee

Guest JudgeMental

Well I have ordered the window alarms that Francis has (thanks for link), and have also ordered a laptop safe. Its a 14kg safe like you get in hotel rooms? big enough to take valuables/camera/laptop etc.....

I have alway wanted one, and as I now have a panel van with steel floor its feasible to fit one securely. it will be at the back under the lift up bed. facing up wards and easy to access.......Only thing is will we be disciplined enough to use it! . *-)

A word of caution with all this security. Remember you might have to exit the van at night, in the dark in a hurry. Also you might have smoke to contend with. If like us you are no longer agile you might want to re-asses your security while sleeping in the van.

Safe travelling.

Don

Guest JudgeMental

Yes.... those who lock themselves in as securely as Fort Knox need to be aware of the need sometimes to escape quickly! :-S

BUT to do all this and then to be robbed through a window with a simple bit of fishing rod......Well *-)

simple solutions often the best (out of sight out of mind for one)

with my Adria, the commercial deadlocking is deactivated because it is a habitable vehicle, you can lock from key fob but open from inside but that is what the Cat 1 alarm is for....

If the Tories are serious in their proposals about allowing homeowners to fight back against intruders then I am taking the dogs to the vets to have their teeth sharpened a bit more.

No need for an alarm and security guaranteed. :D

My tip for enhanced security, buy a big dog bowl, leave it outside the hab door. Buy a big heavy dog lead and leave it hanging up where it can be seen by passers by.

Guest JudgeMental
JohnP - 2011-07-05 8:48 PM

You can get them through Amazon. Packs of six including batteries.

Milenco Sleep Safe.

Fitted mine today... they are loud and should wake you up and surprise a thief I would think

I first read this:

Hawcara - 2011-07-05 8:05 PM

Sorry did not read the whole thing. Male brain failure! Again! :-S

Then read this:

JohnP - 2011-07-05 8:48 PM

You can get them through Amazon. Packs of six including batteries.

Well, you learn something new every day - I didn't know you could get packs of replacement 'male brains' including batteries on Amazon! :->

Wonders never cease ... I didn't even know that 'male brains' existed in the first place!!!! :D

Guest pelmetman
A bit low tech:D............but we tend to leave a dog bowel outside the van door at night;-)

Guest pelmetman
Porkbrain - 2011-07-07 8:57 AM
pelmetman - 2011-07-06 10:38 PMA bit low tech:D............but we tend to leave a dog bowel outside the van door at night;-)
Don't the vultures wake you up when they land on the roof?

(lol)(lol)(lol)....................Oops, I mean Bowl, I dare say Troy wouldn't appreciate his bowels being left outside the van(lol) 

pelmetman - 2011-07-06 10:38 PM

A bit low tech:D............but we tend to leave a dog bowel outside the van door at night;-)

And this from the man who fears I may be a swinger! I have heard the rumours about sailors, but keeping a dog's nether end handy by the door defies belief. You weren't a submariner were you Dave?! :D

Archived