Eligable for citizenship

donna miller

You have passed the practice citizenship test.

Questions answered correctly: 20 out of 24 (83%)

Time taken: 04 minutes 44 seconds.

Interesting; but it seems not really designed to keep many people out..........I've not been a citizen of the Cold Country for nigh on 9 years now.

Far too many questions on the EU rather than UK; it's NOT an EU citizenship test

You have failed the practice citizenship test.

Questions answered correctly: 14 out of 24 (58%)

Time taken: 07 minutes 51 seconds

Having taken the test I can see how and why some many manage to get into this land. >:-)

and how did you get on Donna?

Is there a prize for getting the LEAST right ... I think I've just won it!

Questions answered correctly: 11 out of 24 (46%)

Time taken: 04 minutes 21 seconds

:$

However, in order to go in for the test you need to study for it, so I'm sure once you've read the info it would be a breeze - agree about the EU questions though ...

Me, I failed 12 out of 24.

However, according to the person who sent me the link, over 90% of immigrants pass, and the reason is that they use interpreters who simply tell them the answers whilst asking the questions. The immigration officers can't speak the language, hence the need for interpreters, therefore don't know what the applicants are being told.

True or not, I cannot say, but looking at the amount of immigrants flooding the country,why would you have cause to doubt it.

If foreign workers can pass such a simple test and indigenous people cannot then that is cause for concern.

And in the papers today:-

"In a speech that suggested the success of his welfare reforms plans partly depended on immigration controls, Duncan Smith said businesses had to "play their part" instead of relying on industrious immigrants from eastern Europe.

But business leaders said it often made sense to take on well-educated and hard-working foreigners, while lawyers questioned the legality of giving preference to a British applicant over an equally well-qualified European Union migrant."

The FSB stated that education is a key problem (sorry Donna - I don't make the news - just repeat it!) with far too many school leavers and graduates being unemployable.

In fact a poll running in the Telegraph seems to underline this with currently 60.53% of responders saying that employers are forced to look for well qualified people from outside the UK because we are not producing a home grown "product".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/8611124/Immigration-row-Do-the-British-jobless-lack-the-right-skills-for-jobs.html

Have to say - that is how MOST people I meet on a regular basis view things - so no surprise here for me. Hence (and sorry of cross fertilising two threads) the anger from some at those in the Public sector (Teachers in particular) that want nothing to change and all stay the same whilst business and industry reach the VERY REAL conclusion that if we have to employ non UK workers to get the job done - why the hell are we still based in the UK with its high taxes when we could decant to where the people are with the skills we need in the first place? !!!!

The opportunity costs of such a move get more attractive every day.

Checked the survey this morning - still running at 60/40 (60.3/39.7 to be exact as at 08:30 04/07/11) with 60% agreeing that employers have to look to expertise from abroad as this "expertise" is not available from our school leavers and graduates.

Pretty worrying stuff!

Guest pelmetman
4 out of 24 8-)........................I'll get my coat :D....................I was trying to get them all wrong (lol)

I do believe that Mrs. Blair’s law firm made a lucrative income from defending illegal immigrants.

Lucky she had Tony who was able to reduce the numbers of customs officers that allowed Mrs. Blair to have more customers. Must be great to become a millionaire defending those who are know sponging off our taxes.

Me cynical, no…>:-) >:-)

Well booh oo, I'm not even elligable to take the test *-)

"You need Adobe Flash Player version 9.0.115 or above to view this page. Please click here to install it for your browser.

Flash Player 10.1 is not currently available for Internet Explorer 9 (64-bit) Beta."

flicka - 2011-07-05 11:10 PM

"You need Adobe Flash Player version 9.0.115 or above to view this page. Please click here to install it for your browser.

Flash Player 10.1 is not currently available for Internet Explorer 9 (64-bit) Beta."

Don’t worry Flicker, technology huh. By the way do you still use your abacus, as windows does have a built in calculator…hehehe :D

postnote - 2011-07-06 7:47 AM

Don’t worry Flicker, technology huh. By the way do you still use your abacus, as windows does have a built in calculator…hehehe :D

No moved forward from my Abacus, when I got out my pram :D

But I do still have & USE my T Square, Protractor & Trigonometry ruler (lol)

Hi,

I am British, therefore any answer I give must be acceptable, even if its wrong. Or something like that.

How long will it be before India bases its call centres in UK?

"Don't sigh at me!" said my wife to a snooty woman in India.

flicka - 2011-07-06 10:55 PM

postnote - 2011-07-06 7:47 AM

No moved forward from my Abacus, when I got out my pram :D

But I do still have & USE my T Square, Protractor & Trigonometry ruler (lol)

Is that Protractor of yours the thing you watch slides through? :D :D

Archived