Winter Sun

david lloyd

la manga is quite a way from any supermarkets, you will need some sort of transport, marjal at guardamar, is about a 10 minute walk to an industrial area where you have a large mercadona, a lidl, and also an iceland, and last but not least a chinese goods shop, in guardamar there are also plenty of shops and a good wok buffet (chinese style buffet) which is cheap and good value but is a fair walk into town from the site.

Guest pelmetman

Thank you Michael for your very informative reply.  I think we will give Marjal a try next time we are over there.  

Sue

I believe that Benidorm has to be the cheapest place in Spain to both eat out and drink.

Benidorn really does have something for everyone no matter what your tastes.

Another campsite just up from Camping El Raco is Camping Arena Blanca, smallish site, great heated indoor pool, bar, restaurant VERY clean facilities, dogs accepted, security camera's, usually good weather

Hi

We stayed at camping Almafra in Benidorm last winter for a couple of weeks- thought that I would hate it - I loved it. we also stayed at camping marjal which is a super site however it is a bit isolated unless you have bikes to ride into the town. The main problem with marjal however is that it is very popular. We got the only spare pitch they had in the beginning of March and when I tried to book for next year they said not to bother to even try until the end of September as by then they would know how many of their regular long stayers would have booked. I will try them then as it is a super site with great facilities

Bob

Caravanning La Manga has an excellent supermarket on site. Within 2 miles there are branches of Mercadona, Aldi and Upper. The small town of Los Belones is within walking distance with butchers, bakers, wet fish shops and most other services, It really is an excellent site. Take a look at the Camping and Caravanning club rally. www.lamangarally.talktalk.net

If you do not have transport for La Manga do not worry, there is a bus stop out side. If you have bikes it is a pleasant ride along the beech front either way to the next village or to the shops mentioned above.

Watch out for the mud it is very slippy when wet!!

Archived