A couple of CL'

Cuckfield 50.99451, -0.1588808

It's actuality in the village of Ansty

Burgess Hill 50.9718, -0.1441174

Just outside the town boundary.

And a CS

Hassocks 50.9185, -0.1291581

On the edge of the town.

Not been to any of them but know the area I would go for the Cuckfield one unless you want to be near a shopping centre then the Burgess Hill one, but the Cuckfield one is less than 10min from Haywards Heath.

There's a CC site at Gatwick, fairly close to the runway on the southern side between Lowfield Heath and Charlwood. Could be noisy depending on the wind direction ref the runway in use.

There's also a CC&C cl at Copthorne, 3 miles east of Crawley with electrics, an excellent open site with 6 acres of space if you don't want the electrics.

Both sites are about 10 miles from Hickstead.

art

lennyhb - 2011-07-05 10:20 AM

A couple of CL'

Cuckfield 50.99451, -0.1588808

It's actuality in the village of Ansty

Burgess Hill 50.9718, -0.1441174

Just outside the town boundary.

And a CS

Hassocks 50.9185, -0.1291581

On the edge of the town.

Not been to any of them but know the area I would go for the Cuckfield one unless you want to be near a shopping centre then the Burgess Hill one, but the Cuckfield one is less than 10min from Haywards Heath.

Stayed at the Ansty CL a couple of years ago and it was very good. There is a lawned area with rural views and some hardstanding available, especially in winter. Friendly and helpful owner, quiet location, pub with food nearby. NB it is adults only. Very pleasant walks in the area. Good road links and I would expect it to be an easy cycle ride to Hickstead SJ course.

Also stayed at Bridge Farm House CL (Burgess Hill above) around that time. Again, very welcoming owner, field was waterlogged (winter) but they found me a space nearby. Adults only. Lots of horses to admire. Friendly and enthusiastic spinger spaniel and far too big for its boots terrier formed regular welcoming committee. Very good restaurant is part of the overall leisure business on site and if I remember correctly, golf and/or a golf driving range. Some road noise but was not a problem for us.

Bob

Poppy,

Another one to consider is the CL at Burstye Farm, Ardingly near Haywards Heath p 485 of the CC book Lovely quiet spot in a conservation area 198:TQ348275. There is a large field with plenty room to space out from other vans and a wc is provided. Sloping site and care needed if wet. The access lane is narrow for a coachbuilt - I made it with a 7m, 2.3m wide vehicle but had to be patient along the narrowest bit of about 0.25 mile. No hook up. Nice walks including around Ardingly reservoir.

Bob

Archived