HANDBRAKE LEVER AND SEAT SWIVEL

Wilf

I have a Burstner built on the Fiat X250; and before anyone passes comments like “I feel sorry for you” it is a 3litre engine a dream to drive and NO reverse judder.

BUT the two front seats are on a swivel mechanism that turn them into two very comfortable arm chairs. However my problem is that when parked up if I leave the handbrake on in the raised position, the handbrake lever fouls the seat base of the drivers seat not allowing it to swivel.

Surely all conversions based on the X250 with handbrakes in the same position and swivel seat bases have the same problem. So how do you over come this problem?

If the handbrake is adjusted correctly it should clear, may just touch if the seat is fully back.

Check your handbrake, should come up 5 or 6 notches on the ratchet if more than that adjust it and your seat will probably clear.

You don't say what seats you have, ISRI or Aguti should be OK.

Ris - 2011-07-05 5:02 PM I move seat forward and then back to avoid the handbrake It takes a bit of doing but is successful. Ris

I agree with this comment you will find after a while only a little bit of a fiddle is required it gets better with use, because if you are up on leveling blocks you cannot release your habdbrake.

kelly58 - 2011-07-05 6:14 PM
Ris - 2011-07-05 5:02 PM I move seat forward and then back to avoid the handbrake It takes a bit of doing but is successful. Ris

I agree with this comment you will find after a while only a little bit of a fiddle is required it gets better with use, because if you are up on leveling blocks you cannot release your habdbrake.

Me too.Peter

My MK6 Transit has no hope of the drivers seat clearing the handbrake. When on ramps I put it in gear get out and and hold the footbrake down with my hand. My wife then lets off the handbrake and swivels the seat . After she has re applied the handbrake the job is done. Annoying and a 2 man job but at least you stay in the same position on the ramp.

Wilf - 2011-07-05 4:39 PM

I have a Burstner built on the Fiat X250; and before anyone passes comments like “I feel sorry for you” it is a 3litre engine a dream to drive and NO reverse judder.

BUT the two front seats are on a swivel mechanism that turn them into two very comfortable arm chairs. However my problem is that when parked up if I leave the handbrake on in the raised position, the handbrake lever fouls the seat base of the drivers seat not allowing it to swivel.

Surely all conversions based on the X250 with handbrakes in the same position and swivel seat bases have the same problem. So how do you over come this problem?

The driver seat height is adjustable on the Fiat X250 cab - well, at least it is on ours. Just raise the seat a bit to get some extra clearance.

Archived