Who made the biggest impact on your life?

postnote

As we grow up and travel along the cobblestones that forms our roadway to life’s adventures. There are people who have a profound influence on not only our life, but the way we would like to depict ourself to others. They could be a friend, a relation, a celebrity or even a stranger. Who and why where yours.(?)

Donna don’t want to hear you mention Stobart! :D

Guest pelmetman

Old Monkey Moore in Junior school8-).................When he picked me up and hurled me across the classroom for talking in class*-)

It worked............never spoke in his class again:)

pkc - 2011-07-06 9:26 AM

The man who invented Venetian blinds, if it wasn't for him it would be curtains for all of us.

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

My old man. Hard as nails, he was. Taught me how to look after myself from a very early age. When I was older he made me promise that I would never become a 'victim', like so many who pollute this world with their 'sob stories' >:-)

Well it was my old Dads fault I was never an astronaut. I told my mum once when i was a kid watching Fireball XL5, that I wanted to be shot into space. She said that if my Dad had been quicker - I would have been. 8-)

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2011-07-06 4:25 PMWell it was my old Dads fault I was never an astronaut. I told my mum once when i was a kid watching Fireball XL5, that I wanted to be shot into space. She said that if my Dad had been quicker - I would have been. 8-)

(lol)(lol)(lol)................

Adolf Hitler.

He was the cause of changes in my education that forced good young teaching staff to be conscripted into military service and forced me to sit in air raid shelters under dim lighting or none at all.

I became proficient at identifying military equipment and how to assemble machine guns, to detect the individual sounds of enemy aircraft and to avoid being killed when they came too close.

It was an interesting period of one's life. I will never know what potential I might have had. It did however give me a wonderful insight into real life. A life that could never be bought !

art

My old dad said he would have liked to see me become a vet at least it would stop me biting my nails, strange really as I ended up as a slaughterman and butcher,but it never stopped me biting my nails.

Its strange when vegeterians will not eat meat when farm animals are vegeterians.

My Dad.

Hardworking, straight as a die, to outsiders appeared as hard as nails but had a loving, soft centre.   A true countryman he could catch and skin a rabbit or wring the neck of a fowl when necessary but woe betide anyone inflicting needless harm or cruelty on any defenceless animal, bird or person.

Sadly I didn't realise just what a good man he was until he died. 

I miss him.

Guest pelmetman

I think this is a bit of a unfair question as my life has been impacted through the years by loads of people and situations, and just trying to define one person/event is impossible:D

Unless you have had a normal quiet life with 2.5 kids etc etc:-)

pelmetman - 2011-07-08 7:21 PMI think this is a bit of a unfair question as my life has been impacted through the years by loads of people and situations, and just trying to define one person/event is impossible:D

Unless you have had a normal quiet life with 2.5 kids etc etc:-)
Who ever said life was fare :D :D

Guest pelmetman
art338 - 2011-07-08 8:26 PMPeltman,It could be suggested that you've had a pretty dull life then.art

Yep:D.......My next memory is of learning my first lesson in racism8-)

I had moved to senior school and for some reason I was home early when I went with my mum to collect my younger brother and sister from the local "Christian" junior school......When we arrived late as usual(lol) there was a punch up going on between some kids as they do:D...........But I was shocked at the speed of my mum going in to sort out the fight, it turned out that several boys had set about a black girl whilst other parents looked on8-)............Once my mum had sorted them out she had a few ripe words for the onlookers8-)...........not good for public relations when you have a business two streets away*-)

Taught me a very valuable lesson.............You might rely on them for your lively hood but that's no reason to sell your morals:D........................Something Rupert or his son wont understand(lol)    

Madmaggott - 2011-07-08 7:12 PMMy Dad.

Hardworking, straight as a die, to outsiders appeared as hard as nails but had a loving, soft centre.   A true countryman he could catch and skin a rabbit or wring the neck of a fowl when necessary but woe betide anyone inflicting needless harm or cruelty on any defenceless animal, bird or person.

I miss him.

Sounds like a fine gentleman...

oldlowie - 2011-07-08 10:46 PM
Madmaggott - 2011-07-08 7:12 PMMy Dad.

I miss him.

Sounds like a fine gentleman...

He would have a good chuckle at being called a gentleman Lowie but yes, he was, in the truest sense of the word.  IMO It's a pity that these days there aren't enough people with the strong moral codes that he had.

It took me the best part of 50 years to discover most of it is based on lies and deceipt,the brainwashing process and the system, loading people with debt to keep their heads down to prevent them thinking as individuals, I had a very strict upbringing going in to family business in my teens (petrol station/Garage) I was always taught never to buy anything untill you had the money and this has stayed with me and probably prevented me from doing different things or ideas, anyhow retired now enjoying the motorhome my sports cars and my boat only problem is I dont seem to get the time? :D

Archived