Heating on the move - Update

Way2Go

Some time ago we had a discussion concerning travelling whilst the gas was still on (thus providing heating on the move) as long as you were using the Truma SecuMotion regulator. You could apparently request this to be fitted during manufactor or as an expensive retro-fit.

Apparently, Truma has now brought out two new products that work in a different way and are much easier (and cheaper) to have retro-fitted.

Truma emailed me with "The new Crash senor regulator (which works on G force impact rather than excess flow) is now available, this is a much simpler retro-fit than the Original Secu-Motion regulator would have been, you can click on the following link for more information"

http://www.trumauk.com/products-gastechnology.asp?jid=69&jStart=0&jsearch=&jorder=&jprod=&jseries=&jname=

The link above refers to the DuoControl CS regulator but there is also details on their web site for the MonoControl CS model. We only connect one bottle at a time so we'd be more interested in the MonoControl CS model.

I've contacted my local dealer who said ". . . as long as you have the right hose ( orange hose with green button) the MonoControl CS is £114.00 plus 30 minutes labour, we charge £50 +vat an hour."

Seems a pretty good price to me especially considering how cold it gets driving through Germany heading for the Christmas Markets :-)

W2G

Archived