Do designers ever try their products?

JamesFrance

Yes we are very pleased with ours, they have obviously developed it a lot over a few years, but there are still the few faults I posted before which need a few day's of use to become obvious. Most of the back door insulation you mentioned before would be under the bed level so I hope will not be a problem in the winter.

I am awaiting delivery of a Fiamma Coverscreen and two Midi Heki covers to keep the heat out when she is parked up behind the house, as we regularly get over 30°C here during the day in summer.

The black windows are a great asset down here as they let little heat in, you cannot see in from outside but you can enjoy the view out. This is only for places where the sun shines bright, so today at Silverstone would not be so useful.

pelmetman - 2011-07-08 8:23 PM

I think those black windows are a backward step, and totally out of keeping with any form of camping*-)...................Maybe I'm just old fashioned Judge:D

Don’t these negro pimpmen from across the pond have blacked out windows?

8-)

We're on our second van. Both have had a single plughole in each of the shower and kitchen sink. But both have been designed so the plughole in the sink is at the opposite end to the plughole in the shower. So if you're on any kind of slope either one or the other isn't going to drain. Not rocket science, is it?

Guest pelmetman
postnote - 2011-07-08 8:51 PM
pelmetman - 2011-07-08 8:23 PMI think those black windows are a backward step, and totally out of keeping with any form of camping*-)...................Maybe I'm just old fashioned Judge:D
Don’t these negro pimpmen from across the pond have blacked out windows? 8-)

I suppose if your'e dealing drugs then they might come in handy*-)...............I must remember that when I start smuggling "Preparation H" or "Germaloids"(lol)(lol) 

Guest JudgeMental
in a coachbuilt looking out can be limited as windows tend to me high up, the van windows are brilliant, giving really good all around vision even in bed. You can look out the windows and no one can look in due to the blackout windows...... one of the best things about the van.

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2011-07-08 9:49 PMin a coachbuilt looking out can be limited as windows tend to me high up, the van windows are brilliant, giving really good all around vision even in bed. You can look out the windows and no one can look in due to the blackout windows...... one of the best things about the van.

But its a bit anti social:-S........as I can't see in when I come round with my begging bowl:D

Tony Jones - 2011-07-08 4:47 PM

malc d - 2011-07-08 3:30 PM

I think this is a situation where it is better dealing direct with smaller manufacturers, where the makers and the users actually meet.

Those vans 'evolve' over time because users suggestions are heard by the builders.

I agree Malcolm. Our manufacturer has been great with both "niggles" and suggested modifications.

Only thing is, you have to be able to deal with the envy when you see a slightly newer van than yours with some minor improvement or other!

I understand what you mean Tony about newer versions - each year just that little bit better !

But that is why they are so well designed.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Just as interesting aside to this thread, my FIL had many campers mostly VW's before building his own based on a Merc, and finally he bought ours:D...............I noticed this month for the first time in a long while a Travehome advertized in MMM.........the interesting bit is......it was a one owner;-)........................................maybe like us they had discovered the best compromise;-)

JudgeMental - 2011-07-08 9:49 PM

in a coachbuilt looking out can be limited as windows tend to me high up, the van windows are brilliant, giving really good all around vision even in bed. You can look out the windows and no one can look in due to the blackout windows...... one of the best things about the van.

So was that your Adria Twin parked outside that girls school :D :D

Archived