Private sector Shangri la?

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
"AN EIGHT per cent gap between the pay of private sector workers and equivalent jobs in the public sector has been revealed by new figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS)
For the first time, the ONS compared workers who do the same job, are the same age and sex, and live in the same region. They found the difference in pay was an average of 7.8 per cent in April 2010, widening from 5.3 per cent in 2007 before the recession."........From the Telegraph......online:D

If you believe the union leaders, our public sector workers have given up the opportunity to earn a fortune in the private sector*-)...............looks like their maths don't add up(lol):D....................As the public sector earn 8% more than the private sector..................and there was me thinking our streets were paved with gold*-)   

pelmetman - 2011-07-09 10:17 AM
"AN EIGHT per cent gap between the pay of private sector workers and equivalent jobs in the public sector has been revealed by new figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS)
For the first time, the ONS compared workers who do the same job, are the same age and sex, and live in the same region. They found the difference in pay was an average of 7.8 per cent in April 2010, widening from 5.3 per cent in 2007 before the recession."........From the Telegraph......online:D

If you believe the union leaders, our public sector workers have given up the opportunity to earn a fortune in the private sector*-)...............looks like their maths don't add up(lol):D....................As the public sector earn 8% more than the private sector..................and there was me thinking our streets were paved with gold*-)   
Trade union leaders have received pay increases of up to 20 per cent despite many of their members being made redundant or having their wages frozen or cut. Documents filed with the trade union certification office, a regulatory body, reveal that Derek Simpson, 64, Unite's other joint general secretary, received a salary of £97,027, up 4 per cent on the previous year, housing benefit of £38,340 and £24,480 toward his chauffeur-driven car. Bob Crow, the militant leader of the RMT rail union, saw his pay and benefits rise by 8 per cent to £91,646 in 2008. He told the papers: "I don't really know if my pay rise was inflation busting." Billy Hayes, leader of the 260,000-member Communication Workers Union, was said to receive a 5% pay rise to £88,438. I just wish my school careers teacher had told me the benefits of becoming a union leader as a profession. I wouldn’t then gone into property development. :D :D

Archived