Help with using the Forum please

Mel B

Hi Mr Forum Master! Can you please explain (or put something in the Forum FAQ bit for those of us who don't use these types of forums very oftern, ie the new style ones), what all the bits and bobs mean on the Control Panel bit, eg whats an ICQ and how can we upload photos to give a little picture to our postings, how big can it be etc. Ta muchly.

I'm not forum-master in any shape or form but given the location of ICQ just above yahoo and msn I assume that it is some provider that you may or may not subscribe too. Inn other words if you dont know what it is it doesn't apply to you !

Hello Mel I think that ICQ is an instant message service. I don't use it but believe that, if say, you and I download the software we can type messages direct to one another. It looks a bit like instant messanger which is on AOL Regards JohnP

As John P says, ICQ (I Seek You) offers an 'instant messaging' capability (GOOGLE on ICQ for more details). I agree that an Overview Guide or Help Facility for the Out & About Live website would be very useful, particularly for people new to the site and/or those who wish to exploit its more esoteric and less intuitive bells and whistles. Incidentally, I notice that the Control Panel now offers the option to have threads sorted by original creation date rather than most recent posting date. Personally I prefer the latter, but I know many don't. (Ruth, apologies for using your untitled thread to check how the feature worked.) And another "incidentally"... I could have sworn there was a recent thread, with an attached poll, that invited comments on the current website, but it seems to have disappeared off the radar screen. Perhaps my brain is going soft - I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of buying those cheap "Delight Your Wife" pills somebody sent me an e-mail about - but does anyone else remember the elusive thread?

Hi everyone - there's a new [url=http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3990&posts=1]"User's Manual"[/url] thread in the [url=http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=13]Announcements forum[/url] which explains everything you should need to know about the control panel and its settings.

Archived