Auto trail Grand Frontier A-7300. Good or bad

postnote

I’ve always fancied the Auto trail Grand Frontier, but hear so many differing stories ranging from being a dog of a motor home to the other extreme of their best motor home. Have been looking around to see if there are any for sale but would like some background information before taking the next step.

Alternatively I was thinking of buying a new Mohawk, but hate to think what the deprecation the first year of owning.>:-(

Any advice welcomed

I would go for the Mohawk, there is a very good reason for Autotrail only building a small number of Grande Frontiers, they had lots of problems with them namely the grp body cracking. A mate of mine has a 2007 model and has had lots of problems with it.

D.

The good thing about the Autotrail Grand Frontier is that they were built on the Merc chassis.

BUT my recollection is the Autotrail only produced it for ONE year. So body parts, etc.. could prove to be expensive.

I don't know if that was due to lack of sales orders or problems obtaining the Merc chassis.

Unfortunately like other manufacturers attempts to put an "A" Class into the home market, it could not be regarded as a success.

Those I have seen on the market appear to have depreciated much more that the Autotrail Coachbuilt models.

Archived