Mobile Internet

Huski

Get yourself a Zoom wireless router, attach a dongle of your choice PAYG of course suitable for the country you are in, I use 3 in Scotland. You now have a mobile network which will work for IPhone, IPad, laptop whatever. More flexible than a dongle or MiFi as it can be used with any dongle.

Get yourself a Zoom wireless router, attach a dongle of your choice PAYG of course suitable for the country you are in, I use 3 in Scotland. You now have a mobile network which will work for IPhone, IPad, laptop whatever. More flexible than a dongle or MiFi as it can be used with any dongle.

Patricia - 2011-07-10 7:14 PM

I use 3 too in England and if I am desperate and cannot find wifi abroad they are the cheapest at £1.25 per mb whilst other service providers charge over £3.00. Don't download though - only a quick surf to view emails etc.

We also use 3 very successful and happy in use, but have one correction for Patricia's post they are no longer the cheapest as Tesco Mobile charges are now £0.68p / Mb (including European roaming). So hopefully the others will soon follow suit!

Bas

Postnote that link does indeed sound very good. Looked at Tesco but couldn't see mobile broadband on their website. I have a Kindle so will manage with that this year as I am not touring so much and I found that perfectly adequate to download emails.

What a huge difference in the prices though!

Frankkia - 2011-07-11 12:14 AM

One thing to remember - If you are using a per Mb rate whilst abroad turn off automatic updates for both windows and any security system you have as they can run away with your cash without you noticing.

That's a very good point as I found out a few years ago in USA.

Archived