Kettle vs Satalite Dish

kelly58

Have you noticed on French Aires / Campsites when we brits park up  level up and turn on the gas for a cuppa , our French counterparts move about until they can put up their satalites to get a good reception , I suppose its all down to priorities

Guest 1footinthegrave
How odd, we always comment on this, we recently had a van pull up on a deserted Aire that was heaven, with wonderful weather, and to our knowledge the French couple never appeared outside the van for the two days we were there. But we could always faintly hear their TV. Once you've noticed it, you will always notice it, but then they don't drink tea do they ? (?)

Agree they always have their TV's on but not noticed them shuffling about on Aires to get a signal. Spent 3 weeks last September almost entirely on Aires (as all the campsites in the area were closed) never saw one van do it.

Perhaps we only came across the more sensible ones like us, when I drive in I take note of orientation position of trees and park space permitting where I think I will get a signal & if it don't work so what, can't be bothered to move.

Edit:

Saw one couple in a small old coachbuilt with an old 32" CRT TV, took up half their lounge area and they were sitting about 2 foot from the screen.

Archived