The Romantic Road in Germany

tugga

Hiya

Can anyone please advise me on campsites along the Romantic Road as I wish to venture that way, probably next year.

Any tips or Stellplatz would also be useful as I am sure some of you must have done this trip.

I have done a search to see if its been discussed previously but nothing has come up.

tugga - 2011-07-12 5:53 PM

Hiya

Can anyone please advise me on campsites along the Romantic Road as I wish to venture that way, probably next year.

Any tips or Stellplatz would also be useful as I am sure some of you must have done this trip.

I have done a search to see if its been discussed previously but nothing has come up.

Camping Mohrenhof Geslau near Rothenburg ODT, this is ACSI site.Camping Terrassom just past Landsberg another ACSI site. Camping Bannwaldsee, new stellplatz here, very good you can use campsite showers, handy for Neuschwanstein castle. Stellplatz at Donauworth handy for town, has electric and although we stayed the night not our sort of place.

Thank you for all your responses. I have used the link given and found out lots of info, but thanks also for the camps recommendations. I have been cutting and pasting information and I now have to go through it all.

I have learnt quite a lot off this forum for this trip - thanks again.

If it's any use to you, some time ago I made up an itinerary of waypoints for a satnav. I have attached them if it would be useful?

They are North to South and South to North. You wouldn't need to do all of it - just delete the bits that you don't need.

They are not stopping places buy waypoints to keep you on the correct road.

The .CSV files will fit a Garmin, the .ITN files are for a TomTom and the .AXE files are for Microsoft AutoRoute.

Hope they will be useful.

W2G

Romantic Road (N-S).csv

Romantic Road (N-S).itn

Romantic Road (N-S).axe

Romantic Road (S-N).axe

Romantic Road (S-N).itn

Romantic Road (S-N).csv

Hi,

We have just returned from Germany having completed this route from north to south (then back through the Black Forest). Most of the towns on route have excellent stellplatz within walking distance of the town, most with electric hook ups and price range from free to 10 euros! (If only the Uk would learn).

It is also worth visiting some of the 'Bad' towns where the thermal baths are excellent and sometimes free if you stay 3 nights on the stellplatz.

You can get a leaflet from the local tourist information offices showing details of many of the stellplatz and details of the towns on route.

Enjoy you trip.

Rod

Archived