Peugeot horn failure

ALAN G

My 1.9 TD 2001 Y reg Boxer has always had a weak horn. Now it fails to work at all. The horn contacts on the steering wheel have been cleaned to no avail. The fuse is fine and there is voltage at the horn switch plate at the steering wheel. I can't find either a relay or even the horn itself. Please, can anyone help with a description of where these items are situated.? Many thanks

Do a quick search of the forum for 'horn', but make sure you select so that it checks for those posted over the last year. You can then pick out the postings mentioning Fiat and other horns which have caused problems, you might then find your answer there.

Alan, I had same problem with a "W" reg - you will find the horn behind the front bumper. It means scuffling under the bumper, on your back, and I think you will find either a loose or dirty terminal onm the horn itself. Regards Ken

Thanks for the replies to my request. The horn is now working like new...which may not be the best result but now I know where it is and how to change it. On my particular Boxer the long panel with the Peugeot Lion Emblem can be removed by undoing the eight self tappers which reside in the black recessed panel. The long panel itself is unclipped at each end. The horn is directly below the nearside headlight. It can't be seen easily but it can be felt and removed with a 10mm socket on the centre securing screw. The contacts on my horn were, as suggested dirty [despite very protective covers] but cleaned up quickly with contact cleaner. There is no relay. The next job is to get a better sounding device. However to fit it I think I will need to remove the front bumber which doesn't seem like too big a job but one that I could do without.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived