Additional Sky card

Zyroman

Hello, as a Sky subscriber ( please don't judge me !) I already have a viewing card. I am sure I have read somewhere that you can get an extra card allowing free view access from them at a one off cost of twenty quid. I don't really want to alert them to the fact I want it for my camper so any advice would be a great help, I am feed up of leaving our card in the box in the Van and then having to drive all the way back to the storage compound to get it.

I expect the £20 card you have heard of is the one which allowed you to watch BBC and ITV channels when they were scrambled. This is no longer the case and if you have one of these cards you can remove it from the digibox without losing anything but Channel 5. If you want to watch that you can program it into your digibox as an extra channel by entering it's details and Google should find instructions for doing that.

This may help from Sky site

"I already have Sky digital satellite equipment - what else do I need?

All you need to gain access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a Freesat from Sky viewing card, which costs just £25. If you’d like to access the interactive services available, you’ll also need a working phone line. To purchase a viewing card please phone Sky on 08448 244 400 "

Dave

Sky would like you to pay them £25.

I have a digibox here in France with no card inserted, I get BBC 1 2 3 4, ITV 1 2 3 4, Channels 4 & 5, SKY News, BBC News.

The main difference is that the regions default to London but you can easily put your regional channels into favourites, so no problem.

I did have a £20 card from living in England, but it ran out of time and by then it was no longer needed because the programs are no longer encrypted.

Archived