Best satnav

Brian Peters

Heading toward a motorway is perfectly natural for a satnav set to 'fastest route' as mine is. Without a subscription Trafficmaster type application, how can it know it's crowded?

RE: volume - this used to drive me mad (along with repeated instructions ad nauseum) so I have the volume off and just look at the 'next instruction' graphic, unless off course in a really crowded unfamiliar city when I do turn the sound back on.

Link sound to speed should be easy to find in the preferences menu. 

bolero boy - 2011-07-23 9:04 PM

Heading toward a motorway is perfectly natural for a satnav set to 'fastest route' as mine is. Without a subscription Trafficmaster type application, how can it know it's crowded?

I should give it the full name, Via Live 125, first years subsription to live services are included, in this instance M1 was not quickest route, but I think it picked up on road works on A421 (which where clear for weekend) so trying to send her up M1 but had not yet picked up the traffic jam on M1.

But the other day was sat in field in suzi and traffic info on radio said local road was blocked, switched on satnav and sure enough it showed it.

flicka - 2011-07-19 10:06 PM

Colin Leake - 2011-07-19 10:50 AM

Oddly enough I have noticed that our Tom-Tom seems to adjust the speeds it assumes you will be doing to the vehicle you most often use it in. In our case the motorhome. When we use it in this other than holdups it seems to get the predicted time of arrival spot on. When we use it in the car we always beat said predicted time despite (well almost) sticking to the speed limits.

We have a couple of Tom Tom's, old 520 & a ONE Europe.

On both of them, they give a predicted time of arraival, but it is also constantly updating this throughout the journey.

Yes ours does do that as well.

Archived