Wanted and Available

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave
Having some spare Motor home related items that rather than go to the landfill I would be happy to give away, or send free of charge except for the postage costs, and conversely items that I'm looking for would the moderators give us a freemart sort of category with a "wanted" and "I have so and so to give away for free" heading, what do others think, if a positive reply to this proposal does anyone know how we could get it implemented on here.

Guest Tracker

Very eloquently put Henry!

It's a very good idea but pending it happening, I would have thought that as you are not seeking to profit or run a business via the forum and it is for the benefit of members it would be entirely reasonable to just list them all on open forum?

If your approximate location were known postage costs could perhaps be avoided by a visit or, if you don't want the hobbledehoi coming to your home, at a neutral location?

What does everyone else think?

Such a system already exists – Freecycle – many towns / areas / counties have a scheme.

Go to:

http://www.uk.freecycle.org

and you can search for your nearest scheme.

It’s not confined to motorhomes bits of course, but in any given area there are probably other motorhomers / caravanners / campers willing to take away your unwanted items, and, in turn, you can pick up on offers from others in the scheme. It’s free to join, with the only requirement [usually] being that you offer something to give away before you take advantage of a free offer.

We got rid of a lot of unwanted camping & caravanning gear through Freecycle, as well as other household stuff.

Hope this helps.

Guest pelmetman

One of the problems I have with Freecycle is that there seem to be a lot of folks who just about take anything with the sole intention of selling it on whether this be at boot sales or on ebay.

Personally I would much rather give our unwanted items to a charity shop.

Sue

pelmetman - 2011-07-17 3:02 PMOne of the problems I have with Freecycle is that there seem to be a lot of folks who just about take anything with the sole intention of selling it on whether this be at boot sales or on ebay.

Personally I would much rather give our unwanted items to a charity shop.

Sue

Well I do both. But if you don't give on Freecycle, then you cannot receive either [that's the usual practice anyway in my experience] and the OP wrote also about being able to access stuff I think?[With Freecycle you do not have to give to any particular person; it’s not first come, first served for example. With experience you can usually tell the ones on the make!!]

Tracker - 2011-07-17 11:55 AM

Very eloquently put Henry!

It's a very good idea but pending it happening, I would have thought that as you are not seeking to profit or run a business via the forum and it is for the benefit of members it would be entirely reasonable to just list them all on open forum?

If your approximate location were known postage costs could perhaps be avoided by a visit or, if you don't want the hobbledehoi coming to your home, at a neutral location?

What does everyone else think?

Ah yes, I did type an answer, decided to alter it , wife called coffee was made so went for that. Read the paper, its now raining so watched the motor gp, watched a Brit win yet another stage on the Tour du France, something we are better at than the French. Now cannot remember what I was going to say so will forget it, not a subject I care much about anyway, Ebay works for me.

Archived