Motorhome breakdown insurance

Guest Jack

Hello. Has anyone info with regards to obtaining a stand alone insurance policy to cover both UK and Europe.The foreign travel will be possibly twice/three times a year, one of which will be for a period of three months.

Guest mike T
The RAC arrival scheme via C & CC - you have to be a member of the club, but you can tailor it to whatever level you want. No limit on size of motorhome.

Comfort Insurance appears to be Ok from my dealings with them.Can be tailored to your requirements.They also do home/contents insurance for motorhome users ie long holidays.

Guest Mel E
For stand-alone breakdown (i.e., exclusding standard insurance on the van), GEM (Guild of Experienced Motorists) provide superb UK cover (the only one I know that covers ALL your vehicles for both you and partner) and provides extensions for Continental Europe. Find them at www.roadsafety.org.uk But, as with any Continental cover, do check that your age and SIZE of motorhome are covered.

Guest Bob H
I have just reinsured with MCIA (advertised in MMM) and they have offered UK and continental breakdown insurance with Europ Assistance for £65, for vehicles up to 11 years old. It seems to cover everything, though I have not had the opportunity to test out the quality of their service yet.

Archived