Blocked sink and no plunger ... think of alternatives

Mel B

Whilst we were away last week our shower room sink refused to drain after hubby had washed his hair in it. Despite his best efforts the water wouldn't budge. I suspected the water had caused an airlock.

"Ah-ha! I know what to do!" ... I took down one of my 'suction cup' hooks (usually stuck to the bathroom mirror) and used that as a plunger ... after a few good squishes over the plughole the water happily drained away.

May be only a small thing, but it sorted out what could have been a messy problem! :-D

Guest Tracker

A sink plunger is one of those things we have carried for years (I won't say how many but you can still see the hand written price on it - 3/9 ) ever since having a very slow kitchen sink drain away and it does get fished out of the box of bits now and then so is worth carrying and I commend the thought to the assembled house!

Well done Mel - I wouldn't have thought of that - not that we have any suction hooks because in my experience the bl**dy things never stay in place - perhaps the liquid I use to form a seal is not as strong as yours!

Couple of tablespoons of bicarb. of soda down the plughole, then 1/2 cup of white vinegar - stand back and be amazed!

Don't know if it'll be any good if you have a flooded shower tray though. I do this down all plugholes couple of times a year, followed by a thorough rinse. Kills smells, dissolves grease and shifts gunge.

marydot

Archived