Forum slow

ips

I use both IE9 and Chrome, depending on what I've got open at the time.

Performance on both is similar.

However, the reason I use Chrome is that I still find a good amount of incompatibility of sites with IE9 (and even setting it up to work in compatibility mode with them doesn't sort everything).

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an upgrade to our server set-up.  it seems the new site and the rapid increase in visitors to the site has put it under a bit of strain and it isn't running as efficiently as it could be.

We are hoping to get this work completed soon and will update you when there is any significant news. 

Please bear with us in the meantime and have a great weekend :-)

Thanks

Amanda

This forum really is now the slowest of all those that I frequent; but it's good to hear that "Management" have recognised that the rest of the internet world has moved on rapidly, and they are going to act to catch up..............

deerhound - 2011-07-26 1:30 PM

The slow speed of forum now is really bad, infact I have now avoided coming on just to view the posts, only if I need to. Only went like this after the change? >:-(

Now come on folks ... give it a chance, I speak from experience when I say 'the change' causes all sorts of problems ... hot flushes, forgetfulness, mood swings, tiredness! :D

Archived