Tracker

loneranger

Tracker  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Having read the recent string regarding alarms various, I am wondering if anyone has found a realistically priced TRACKER system. I have motorcaravaned for years with only a minor problem once in Spain (thankfully saved by additional deadlocks). Now it seems to me that deadlocks and alarms are going to flounder the opportunist villain, but as suggested if someone is determined, then a breakdown truck will do the deed …. Insurance money will obviously help with a replacement, but I want to be the one to decide when it’s time to look for another camper and not some low life, who’s found a way of separating me from my pride and joy. I don’t mind paying a fair price for a tracking system, but I don’t want to pay an ongoing £120.oo per year subscription. What I would like is a simple device that will ‘sleep’ forever (hopefully) and only if the camper is stolen will the need arise to ask the police to activate it, enabling them to remove said scumbags from society and return to me my motor home. geoff@kumquat.demon.co.uk

Geoff, Surely the whole point about tracker-type systems is that you are expecting some control centre to be available to detect the 'I've been moved' signal 24/7/52, and then to take appropriate action. That costs money which is why the annual subs are expensive. There have been less expensive ones but, by and large, they've gone bust leaving you with an expensive, fitted unit that's useless.

Archived