Honda Innova anf 125 Scooter - height?

laimeduck

I am considering buying one of these step through scooters to put in the 'garage' of my Benimar 710 CCX.

I have been trying to find the height of these scooters on the web to make sure that it will fit in the garage.

The honda site says overall height, 1080mm but I think this includes the wing mirrors.

2 questions please

First - I know that some of you out there have these scooters, does anyone know if the mirrors fold down or are easily removable?

Second - What is the height from ground to top of handlebars with mirrors removed?

If anyone can help I would be very grateful :-D

The aperture of my garage is 1100mm, but that is not all useable as the bed protrudes down into that opening. (The bed is adjustable but I don't really want to raise it too much as I like to sit up & have my tea in the morning!) :-D

Hi,
The height is 42.5 Inches, does not include the mirrors. The mirrors, open a nut and they just screw off to the above height.
    Height-42.5 inches.1079mm
    Width--28.6 Inches 727mm
    Length-74.6 Inches 1896mm
    Weight-105.5 Kg  (Dry Weight)
Great bike ultra reliable.
Regards,
Brendan

Here's another vote for the Honda Innova.

We've had ours for over a year now, and done about 4,000kms on it.

We carry ours on a scooter rack fixed to the back of the MH.....the bike is only about 107kgs wet weight.

We added a rear rack and a 55 litre Givi top box, which can swallow both helmets and gloves and waterproofs........or a LOT of wine/beer/shopping.

I have also added a high "touring" screen for it, made by Puig.

Excellent addition....but of course it makes the height of the bike a lot more!

Totally reliable. Simple to self-maintain. Bulletproof. Will do 50mph two-up so can keep up with traffic.

Just a brilliant addition to our MH.

Thanks Brendan & BGD

I think that the Innova might be a very tight fit in my garage.... I'll have to go & measure one and perhaps try it up the ramp :-(

Any other shorter step-through scooters or similar you can recommend with a similar weight profile?

Cheers

Hi Jeremy,

You might struggle to get a shorter large wheel scooter, you might have a look at something like a Peugeot speedflight, they are a little shorter and lighter than the Innova.

I agree the Innova is a great bit of kit but the clutchless gearchange still makes me grit my teeth after riding big bikes.

Spec here.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/peugeot_speedfight_2_2006.php

pkc - 2011-07-24 2:30 PM

Hi Jeremy,

You might struggle to get a shorter large wheel scooter, you might have a look at something like a Peugeot speedflight, they are a little shorter and lighter than the Innova.

I agree the Innova is a great bit of kit but the clutchless gearchange still makes me grit my teeth after riding big bikes.

Spec here.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/peugeot_speedfight_2_2006.php

Sorry my mistake :$

I didn't mean shorter in length, I meant shorter in Height.

I need something about 900mm high preferably.

Two thoughts -

Don't get anything less than a 125cc.......for 2-up riding I'd not use anything slower, nor with the tiny fat baby-scooter wheels that are far less stable.

Why not fit a scooter rack, and use the garage for all the other stuff you carry?

We manage just fine 2 up on our 50cc piagio, does 40mph no probs on the flat, struggles a bit on hills but as we usually only go on country lanes and were in no rush it great. Fits in garage no probs and only weighs 90kg. Its got little wheels but that doesnt bother me either cos I am on me jollies and I dont really want to "keep up with traffic" on A roads or go any faster than 30-40mph :-D

How about a Yamaha Vity? We had a couple of these and they are nice scooters, a bit smaller and lighter than some but still very rideable. Without the mirrors I think it should be below your 900mm requirement.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_vity_2011.php

I'd suggest going for a good secondhand one (up to 8 months old) as you can save an awful lot of dosh that way (like half the cost of a new one!) and as they come with a 3 year warranty you don't need to worry.

Mel B - 2011-07-26 8:46 PM

Just seen this advertised on the 'Buy and Sell' section ... not sure if its of interest to you ...

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Motorhomes/Classified/Accessories/Contact_cl106642

Mel B thanks for this.

I am reluctant to add further bits & pieces eg towbars external racks etc.

We have a garage, which has a motorbike rack & ramp so why not use it?

The challenge is just finding the machine which fits the bill?

Thanks for everyones input - please keep it coming!! :-D :-D

Hi,
What is the max' height you have to play with?.You say you have 1100mm door aperture. Most 125cc are around the 40" to 42" in height with the mirrors removed.So you may just have to raise up the bed while transporting the Honda Innova 125. It's the way to go if you don't want to fit a scooter rack.
Regards,
Brendan

We've got an ANF. Before we bought it we trolled along to our local Honda dealer and asked if we could try wheeling one up the ramp into the garage of our Hymer. They were tickled by the idea so we got lots of help.

Had to unscrew the mirrors (as suggested above) and take off the helmet box. but it goes in fine and our garage clearance at the door is also 1100 mm. The thing to remember about clearance is that the bike is going in at an angle, so the back wheel is inside, - and the front wheel is on the ramp, - when the tallest bit - handlebars - go through the door.

This makes quite a bit of difference to the alternative of running it in on the flat.

Screwing unscrewing mirrors no problem (beware LH thread) but I'm glad I had access to a lathe to make up QR fixings for the helmet box. Now I have just 4 large diam threaded ally washers to undo inside to get it off.

PS does anyone agree that the helmet box bracket on the New (FI) 125's is a piece of S"!t

Hi,
Well there you go, if it fits it fits, yes changes have been made to the back box locking units, If you take a look at the S Wing 125 this system is excellent, should be on all. Your method of fixing is great and works for you, Thanks for the update.
There you go Jeremy , I hope we all have been some help to you.
Regards,
Brendan

Ahh..... the benefits of experience :-D

I would never have thought of going into the garage backwards! :-(

I'll take the van to a Honda dealer & see if we can do a trial run.

(Now all I've got to do is find the missing clip for the adjustable bed or have one made- see separate post)

You most certainly have been very useful so huge thanks to all!

Archived