Contacting Rapido

macca59

Hi All

We have just taken ownership of a new Rapido 7076DF 2011, we would like to try and contact Rapido customer service as we have a query with regards to the reversing camera having audio, the dealer we brought it from seems to think it does not have audio, but from what we understand from the technical specs it does, so we thought if we could email Rapido to find the answer. But in all the borchures and the web sites it only has a phone number can anyone help with were to find a customer service email please.

Thank you in advance

The Macs :-D

Don't think there is a Public email address for Rapido but I don't think there would be a problem if you phoned them and asked if any spoke English. Most of these Companies have an English speaking person.

What about trying the Rapido Owners Club?

Only to add that we have a 2010 registered Rapido 7090F and looking at the later models the camera does not seem to have changed much.

Our camera has no sound, nor infrared at night. Although the reversing lights and low night vision work Ok.

The driver (which ever of us) still sends the other out to check the rear when reversing in confined spaces. The distorted view of items from a high vantage point, can cause confusion.

The camera adjust ment is fairly easy (having knocked the camera mounting off when washing the rear of the m/home. It is a clip on casing and the camera is mounted on a pliable mastic (putty ?) which can be moved / moulded to position the camera >>> image.

BTW, I am quite proud on myself ! I have connected the TV / Sat to the head unit using the Rapido wiring and can watch Sky on the head unit (Not mobile of course) but it does mean that the sound is SO much better than the TV speakers as the sound is carried by the Speaker system.

Rgds

The camera fitted to my Waeco rear-view system has a built-in microphone. The latter's presence is evident from a small hole in the camera's body, in the face of the body surrounding the camera's glass 'screen'.

I suspect that this feature will be the norm for reversing cameras - essentially, if you can't see any sort of microphone 'hole' in the camera's rear face, then it probably will not have an audio capability.

The Rapido website says this: "Toute la gamme RAPIDO bénéficie d’une caméra de recul (en option avec pré-câblage de série pour les Séries 7FF et 9, option sur Série 6). Cette caméra est reliée à un écran intégré au tableau de bord et équipé d’un haut parleur. Le chauffeur peut donc entendre les conseils donnés par une personne positionnée derrière le véhicule ! Les manoeuvres n’ont jamais été aussi simples !"

This is translated on the English language version of the site as: "The whole RAPIDO range has the advantage of a reversing camera (optionally-with pre-cabling as standard-for the 7FF and 9 series, and as an option on the 6 series). The camera is connected to a screen with built-in speaker, built into the dash board. The driver can therefore hear the instructions being given by someone behind the vehicle! Manoeuvring has never been so easy!" See here: http://tinyurl.com/3j8ypfz

This is exactly what is stated above in French, so there should not be any difference between the LHD and RHD versions.

The 7076DF is confirmed in both French and English as having the reversing camera as standard equipment. So yes, your reversing camera should have a mike and the dashboard mounted monitor a speaker. See here: http://tinyurl.com/3bnbydr

So, back to your dealer, to suggest he consults the Rapido website himself, and stops telling you what he "thinks" is the case, gets his facts straight, and then gets the speakers working, methinks. :-D

Thank you Brian for this we have looked at the web sites and yes we think the same that is what we have said to the dealer the it should have the audio function.

The dealer is now going to contact Rapido to confirm

The Macs :-D

They were last wednesday !

(Mind you they were also involved with a camping show running in the field next door to their offices.)

Generally there is a voice at the end of th telephone, even if they have to ring back later in the day.

Rgds

Archived