Rose "The Countess" Oven

Harpmaker

Hi all, just bought a 1992 Elddis Wisp (I won't bother to tell you how much we pay for used 15 year old UK caravans in New Zealand, but probably as much as you pay for a new one in the UK). Somewhere in it's past, the fascia of the oven (apparently a Rose Oven, model : The Countess) has been painted over, presumably to cover rust. The result is that none of the temperature markings can be seen, which makes it a little difficult to use properly. If anyone has, or has access to one of these oven on which the markings are still visible, I would appreciate it if they would consider taking a close up picture of the dial and emailing it to me. I'm a bit of a dab hand with a paintbrush, so will use the picture as a template and recreate the scale. Thanking you all in advance for any help you can give Alan in New Zealand

In the early/mid 1990s Rose "Countess" ovens were widely installed in UK-built caravans and motorhomes. I've got a couple of pictures of the oven in Herald motorhomes, but they wouldn't be worth sending to you (even if I had a scanner!) Try posting your enquiry to this website's Motorhome Matters forum - you never know your luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Alan We have a Herald van with one of these ovens in, will take a couple of pictures and e-mail them to you. We had problems with the door sticking when hot, we solved this two ways. 1. leaving the grill door open when using the oven 2. greasing the hinges at the bottom of boor when open. Hope this helps john

Archived