Parkland south of Birmingham on M42

Jammic

hi there

I can't give you an actual park, but there is a number of country parks in the Clent and Lickey hills which are to the south of Birmingham and north of the M42.

If you Google those two names I am sure something will come up

All the best

HWO

Guest 1footinthegrave
Why would you be on the M42 if going to Cornwall, you should be on the M5 south of Birmingham

1footinthegrave - 2011-07-26 8:58 PM Why would you be on the M42 if going to Cornwall, you should be on the M5 south of Birmingham
If they were travelling from the north east (Sheffield, Nottingham or similar) then the route M1, A42/M42, M5, A30 etc would seem appropriate.

We use the M42 for 'tacking' cross country from the south west to the north east. 

Guest 1footinthegrave
bolero boy - 2011-07-27 9:43 AM
1footinthegrave - 2011-07-26 8:58 PM Why would you be on the M42 if going to Cornwall, you should be on the M5 south of Birmingham
If they were travelling from the north east (Sheffield, Nottingham or similar) then the route M1, A42/M42, M5, A30 etc would seem appropriate.

We use the M42 for 'tacking' cross country from the south west to the north east. 

Thanks for the geography lesson, as a one time resident of both Birmingham, and Redditch I may just have a handle on the route though. :-|

1footinthegrave - 2011-07-28 9:04 AM

Thanks for the geography lesson, as a one time resident of both Birmingham, and Redditch I may just have a handle on the route though. :-|[/QUOTYou asked why use the m42 for cornwall and Bolero boy gave you a valid answer, what's your problem?D.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Lets turn it on it's head, whats your problem that you feel compelled to comment on my reply to someone else, without nothing useful to add yourself.

The guy said he wanted to leave due south of Birmingham on the m42 . Geographically the section that is due south is quite short so it really would make no sense at all to leave the m42, much better to continue to join the M5 then come off say between Droitwich and Worcester rather than backtrack north to rejoin the M42 after his three hour break. I haven't got a problem as you put it, just pointing out what I would advise as long time resident of the area. he may not have that knowledge, that's all.

Caravan Club Site at Wythall , Chapel lane, just off Jnc. 3 of M42, lots of hard standings nearly always has pitches available. Just a bit 'Pricey' at the moment (schoolkids on holiday !). lots of good 'Eat out' pubs locally. ray

ooops, just re-read post, obviously too expensive for a 3 hour stop ! loads of places around that area to have a break though, lunch at a pub, then ask about having a couple of hours kip in his car-park.

1footinthegrave - 2011-07-28 9:04 AM

Thanks for the geography lesson, as a one time resident of both Birmingham, and Redditch I may just have a handle on the route though. :-|
.....but the OP obviously doesn't, and your response didn't help him at all. You just seemed incredulous that anyone could be on the M42 if their final destination was Cornwall. Obviously not so.

The OP wanted to stop 'somewhere south of the Birmingham' (not due south as in your next post) which could be just about anywhere on the M42 'and close to the M42'. The recommendation of Chappel Lane seems logical.

Having a pop at Dave because he nipped at your 'geograpy lesson' post gets the OP nowhere. This is how most of our threads disappear into the destructive ether.If you really knew the area you could have been a little more constructive than 'why are you on the M42?'

This was the OP's first post - nice welcome, eh?

Why is everyone so 'Touchy' on here ?? it's worse than the caravan club magazine forum (and thats saying something !!)

On there, they hate : Kids,Dogs,People who own Dogs,people who don't get up before 10.00am,people with Motorhomes,People who Use Electricity,They look very suspicously at folk who don't spend at least 3 hours putting up an Awning, Just a bit.......Bitchy. WE are above all that surely ?? ;-) Ray

Guest pelmetman
Rayjsj - 2011-07-31 9:18 PMWhy is everyone so 'Touchy' on here ?? it's worse than the caravan club magazine forum
That sounds like fun..................must go and visit:D

Rayjsj - 2011-07-31 9:18 PM WE are above all that surely ?? ;-) Ray
Yes, Ray I agree - I have just tried to highlight how the first 'iffy' response leads to a slide downhill. My perfectly logical response (to help a forum virgin) got lambasted in an instant.

Now we all know where the M42 is, let's leave it at that - till the next thread 

Archived