swift mondial

triumph

since purchasing our new swift mondial rl camper van in april the bathroom floor has been flooded three times. The waste tank did not alarm until after the flood but surely the waste water should not come back up the plughole.Does it not have a return valve to stop this,has anyone had this poblem. *-) *-) *-)

I suggest you ask the question here:

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/

My Mondial waste tank never gets full as the waste taps leak (as well as the water). There is a known fault. Swift have only just supplied the parts so it will be fixed in 2 weeks under warranty.

In your case I doubt very much whether there is a return valve so its unsurprising that the bathroom floods.

Unless there is a fault somewhere with the tank, you are simply over-filling the tank. I assume the flooding is coming from the shower tray outlet? As the shower tray is the lowest point on the system, adding more waste water once the tank is full, will inevitably result in back-flow to the tray. You may be able to obtain (CAK tanks, possibly) a non-return valve that would fit into the shower waste - though I wouldn't expect it to be easy to fit! :-) However, if you do this, the water will simply back-up into the next lowest point - probably the wash basin.

You say the waste warning device activated after the overflow. I wonder if you are expecting this to tell you when to empty the tank? If you are, I think you are pushing your luck. :-) In many vans, with rear mounted waste tanks, if driven with the waste tank much above empty, water will surge into the shower tray under braking. These warning devices tend to react late, especially with smaller tanks. If they did not, much of the capacity would become, for all practical purposes, unusable.

The only information I can find is for the 2009 models (which I assume are substantially the same as the 2011 versions), which quotes the Mondial RL as having 66 litres of fresh water capacity, and 50 litres of waste capacity. The Truma holds an additional 12 litres so, once this is filled and bled, topping-up the fresh water tank gives a total fresh water capacity 28 litres greater than waste capacity. That is almost 6 gallons, which would go a long way on a washroom floor! This means you can't make the assumption that the waste needs emptying when the fresh needs topping up. Under these circumstances, I think the best maxim will be to empty the waste every time you pass an emptying point.

Archived