Dijon, Burgundy

Lorrie

Can anyone help? I recently read an article about Dijon in a magazine and now that I want to look at it again with a view to visiting the area in a couple of weeks I can't find it. Any info about the region and places to stop would be welcomed.

Dijon is a nice city and worth a couple of nights stopover.

We stayed at the Municipal Site a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly it's within a stone's throw of pleasant parkland and lake, good for cycling/walking. The campsite is cycliung distance from the city too. Buy the mustard at supermarket rather than in Dijon-much cheaper

:->

Hi not sure what you mean by cannot find it ,but it is off A31 ,A38,A39. Really nice place,we headed for the Aire shown in Aires book 2009 it was outside a camp-site stating no parking,went in to site and asked at reception the girl said no but owner came in and for 5 euroes we parked for about 5hrs.It would have been difficult to park in town it self . Reception gave us a map and it takes about 15minutes to walk in town pleasant walk around river part of way,you go under railway line and walk through main station foyer and out onto a large square .Once out in square there is a tourist office to your right .As you walk round the town follow the OWL signs on pavement this takes you to all the nice places.

The Aire/Camp-site is at DIJON Talant N47degrees 19.274' E005d 00.655'

Archived