Which proper tea stains the least?

Brock

I drink Yorkshire Tea. It stains whatever it comes into contact with. I can remove the stains.

I am wondering, however, whether there is a decent tea that does not stain. I am not interested in herbal teas etc and I like a strong, not stewed, tea. Tetley is too weak.

we [royal we] get `red label` from Netto.. its cheap ,it tends to leave a slight stain..but the boss ensures i work very hard to remove those stains!!

The money saved by buying cheap tea bags goes toward my monthly allowance of red wine..now that does stain..teeth included!!

I wish you well in your search and hope you discover a non staining tea??

If you enjoy it, stick with the Yorkshire. All natural tea stains to some degree. The answer is to wash the mug/cup immediately after use. You will probably find that plastic mugs stain more readily than ceramic ones.

Unless the stains of which you speak are affecting your motorhome in some way; why would you put this discussion on motorhome matters?

I come on here looking for people that need help with their base vehicles and find discussions on tea stains!? Come on!....

Nick

A lot of teas are now available in strong blends,eveb one called Builders Tea.

My taste buds are shot and i can only taste strong brews. Prior to that I used to drink a variety of teas, my favourite in the afternoon was Darjeeling,the Champagne of teas,now its like milky water.

To pacify Euroserv the stains in tableware, especially Melamine, can be removed by denture ckeaning tablets. As for fabric stains,can you still get Stain Devils?

euroserv - 2011-08-01 10:49 AM

Unless the stains of which you speak are affecting your motorhome in some way; why would you put this discussion on motorhome matters?

I come on here looking for people that need help with their base vehicles and find discussions on tea stains!? Come on!....

Nick

This affects a lot of motorhomers who have Melamine type crockery so why shouldn't it be on here. We stopped using Melamine a long time ago for that reason.

Randonneur - 2011-07-31 3:29 PM

I am drinking mug of Tetleys as we speak and I can tell you it is not weak, can't stand weak tea, maybe you are not stirring it long enough.

One mans strong tea I suspect is another's weak.

Could it be Randonneur that living in France any tea is strong after the insipid stuff they sell here!!!

Tesco premium is our bag -drunk from china. Still stains the teapot good and proper.

I am drinking mug of Tetleys as we speak and I can tell you it is not weak, can't stand weak tea, maybe you are not stirring it long enough.

Could it be Randonneur that living in France any tea is strong after the insipid stuff they sell here!!!

Tesco premium is our bag -drunk from china. Still stains the teapot good and proper.

ian81 - 2011-08-01 3:07 PM

Only drink tea sold in England as can't stand that stuff with the strings on it, its like coloured water.

euroserv - 2011-08-01 9:49 AM

Nick

I'm sorry Nick, but this is an important issue ... our van's run on either petrol, diesel or gas 'fuel', we generally run on coffee or especially tea as our fuel!

Without tea I would grind to a halt, probably end up with judder going both forwards and in reverse before falling apart ... 8-)

Archived