how to get back, to where you were in forums

fairweather camper

I'm not really sure what you want to do...

If you are reading a forum at 'posting level', then the "Jump to page" facility will allow you to select a particular page within a multi-page thread.

If you are reading a forum at 'thread level', then the "Jump to page" facility will allow you to select a particular page within the forum.

I'm not a Windows user, but (assuming that you are) presumably you are used to clicking on the 'back/forwards arrows' that allow you to reselect the lprevious/next web-page you've been looking at.

• 5 weeks later...

like you , Fairweather, I can't find my way back to where I was after reading a post. I like to browse through the topics and select to read items that interest me, but I always find I'm back to

page 1. Very frustrating! Would anyone who can help, please use very simple words for a non- techno. :-(

If you are reading a thread that is on (say) page 3 of the forum listing you can return to page 3 of the forum by pressing 'back' at the top of the page. If the thread is loger than one page then you must navigate back to page 3 of the forum by pressing 'back' the required number of times.

Pressing 'back to motorhome matters' (or 'back to hints and tips forum') at the bottom right of the page will take you to page 1 of that forum not back to the place you were at.

If I'm browsing and reading old threads then I always open them into a new window or tab thereby keeping my original place in my original window.

I do this by right clicking on the title and selecting either 'Open in new window' or 'Open in new tab'.

HTH,

keith.

Archived