Bonterra park Spain

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Read some reviews about Bonterra park, which said that they weren't very welcoming to dogs8-)

Admittedly they were a few years out of date and we note the site now boasts a dog shower:D

Anyone been there with a pooch?..............................   

Stayed there about 3 years ago with our dog -no problems. There used to be a track around part of the site at the back which was pretty rough ground and used it for "walkies. Site convenmient for town ,weekly market and beach.

If they no longer allow dogs then there is an alternative site about 300yds Noirth. Sorry don't know if they allow pets but it is cheaper than Bonterra.

Could use the road near river bed near the tower on beach usually a few vans there.

Finally there is an "Aire" on the main road which bypasses the town centre. - but could be noisy there.

Hope this helps.

Their current Spanish website says dogs ARE admitted (there is a daily charge for them!) EXCEPT in the months of July and August.

Having had a quick gander at their prices, that's a damned expensive campsite!

There was a dog issue at Bonterra a few years back as non dog owners were complaining about the excrement around the site; it was everywhere and nobody cleaned it up. Then the pavements outside the site was covered with the stuff.

Since then the site owners have emphasised the need for dog owners to act more responsibly and there is no longer a problem. Some dog owners felt the site was being unwelcoming but I don't think this was the case.

An earlier post claimed the site is expensive. Not true as its in the ACSI book at 15 euros a night off peak.

Guest pelmetman

Thanks for replies so far.  Indeed the reviews we had read were from a number of years ago when people were saying how undog friendly it was.  Seems as though things have improved somewhat on the dog front.

If you book through the Caravan Club you can get the site for £9.92 a night if you stay between 14 and 20 nights which I didn't think was expensive, especially as it is within easy walking of beach and town and obviously the longer you stay the cheaper it becomes.

If you know somewhere "BRUCE" in or around Benidorm that takes dogs and within an easy walk of shops, beach etc would you please let us know.

Sue.

The caravan club prices in new winter escapes brochure for bonterra park are incorrect!

Correct price for 14 nights is £17.32 ( I too thought we were in for a bargain until I rang them)

It is still cheaper by ACSI

Sorry to bring bad news!

Rod

pelmetman - 2011-08-01 4:27 PM

If you know somewhere "BRUCE" in or around Benidorm that takes dogs and within an easy walk of shops, beach etc would you please let us know.

Sue.

Camping La Toretta in Benidorm takes dogs and is within walking distance of the town and beach. I walked around the site last Autumn and it has improved in recent years. I stay across the road on the Villasol which does not permit dogs.

Rod - 2011-08-01 4:56 PM

The caravan club prices in new winter escapes brochure for bonterra park are incorrect!

Correct price for 14 nights is £17.32 ( I too thought we were in for a bargain until I rang them)

It is still cheaper by ACSI

Sorry to bring bad news!

Rod

The prices charged for a pitch booked by the C&CC are comparable with the rates charged the Caravan Club [slightly cheaper if you book a Rally pitch; don’t know how much one has to “join in” as we’ve never participated in one].

Do we know if the site will still be offering the ACSI discount in 2012? And do we know if the ACSI price will be the same? How early is the new ACSI brochure published?

It appears that according to Bonterra park tarrif there is an additional charge per night for a motorcycle.

I carry a scooter in my motorhome garage.I use this scooter on a daily basis.

Does their tarrif mean a seperate visitor on a motorcycle or would it include my type of useage?

Anyone have experience of this type of situation.

Regards

Guest pelmetman
Rod - 2011-08-01 4:56 PMThe caravan club prices in new winter escapes brochure for bonterra park are incorrect!Correct price for 14 nights is £17.32 ( I too thought we were in for a bargain until I rang them)It is still cheaper by ACSISorry to bring bad news!Rod

8-).................Oh well back to the drawing board:D..........Sue phoned the CC earlier and they didn't mention the incorrect price*-)..........We had wanted to stay for 3 weeks in Jan but they only have 2 weeks available8-).....................I might have to stay at the old mans in Cabo Roig8-)

Thanks for all the help people:D

I waas there at the beginning of this year with my dog and had no problems. The ACSI price of 15 euros a night includes a dog. You are given a key to the rear gate where you can take your dog for a walk, it used to be a rough track but is now a tarmac cycleway which runs between Benicassim and Orpesa.

peedee

pelmetman - 2011-08-01 6:33 PM
Rod - 2011-08-01 4:56 PMThe caravan club prices in new winter escapes brochure for bonterra park are incorrect!Correct price for 14 nights is £17.32 ( I too thought we were in for a bargain until I rang them)It is still cheaper by ACSISorry to bring bad news!Rod

8-).................Oh well back to the drawing board:D..........Sue phoned the CC earlier and they didn't mention the incorrect price*-)..........We had wanted to stay for 3 weeks in Jan but they only have 2 weeks available8-).....................I might have to stay at the old mans in Cabo Roig8-)

Thanks for all the help people:D
You could always stay at the Camping Azahar for the third week about 300yds down the road from Bonterra Park. The Azahar is also in the ACSI book.

Guest pelmetman

Update:D...............Sue rang the CC this morning to book the 14 nights they said was available a couple of days ago..........Now only 13 nights left8-)..........So got the price £259.22 + £25 booking fee = £21.86 a night and you pay extra for the dog when you arrive8-).............Decided to leave it and just try on the off chance when we arrive with the ACIS card;-)

Now had a reply to an email we sent to inquire about direct booking at Bonterra Park:-S

Hello,

we will be able to quote you the newprices within a few days. The 2012 prices still have to be confirmed.

Thank you

Regards,

Ms 

BONTERRA PARK

www.bonterrapark.com

Archived