Gennie discussion on MMM

donna miller

There is a rather interesting debate being thrashed out on motorhome matters, and one or two controversial comments have been made regarding generator users and the punishments they apparently deserve.

4 of the best so far are............And I quote..............

"letting down tyres is far too lenient a response in my view: lynching would be much more appropriate."

"electric chair perhaps"

"two cupfuls of sugar in his generators petrol tank"

"You may just remember this thread the next time you think of inflicting noise and smell on other people who are enjoying the peace and quiet of the countryside."

Now, the last one sure sounds like a threat, the 1st left me gobsmacked, purely because of the source, and the others are apparantly from "responsible" motorhomers.

I left a comment saying how glad it wasn't me made sugestions like that, or I definitely would be up for a lynching.*-)

Guest pelmetman

Hangings to good for the likes of  them:D.................A sound thrashing I say.............

and after they've had one I want one:$(lol) 

To be fair Donna,I think *some* of the comments on that thread were intended to be sarcastic and lighthearted...as I think some were posted by members of the " pro-genny lobby"... (lol)

..mind you,I think someone(mel?) threatened to set the dogs on me,after I'd had a dig at barking dogs..I know!..What was i thinking?!? :D (..'twas received in good spirit though ;-) )

pepe63 - 2011-08-01 7:02 PM

To be fair Donna,I think *some* of the comments on that thread were intended to be sarcastic and lighthearted...as I think some were posted by members of the " pro-genny lobby"... (lol)

..mind you,I think someone(mel?) threatened to set the dogs on me,after I'd had a dig at barking dogs..I

know!..What was i thinking?!? :D (..'twas received in good spirit though ;-) )

Sarcastic? Qui, moi? Never!

Ironic? Well sometimes.

Anti dog? Absolutely not,

I love boshintang

donna miller - 2011-08-01 12:43 PM

There is a rather interesting debate being thrashed out on motorhome matters, and one or two controversial comments have been made regarding generator users and the punishments they apparently deserve.

I can't see the problem, if you can affors one use it. If you don't like the noise move.. :D

I dont have a problem with the noise particularily, I just cant see the point of dragging the thing around just to watch the TV. Cos I cant see any other reason for them as we have managed 5 days with 2 batterys no problem. (we dont watch tv as there is begger all on, any way I have better things to do on me jollies than keep up with the news)

ips - 2011-08-03 1:17 PM

I dont have a problem with the noise particularily, I just cant see the point of dragging the thing around just to watch the TV. Cos I cant see any other reason for them, as we have managed 5 days with 2 batterys no problem.

To be honest, 99% of the ladies on here could say those exact words about their men. :D :D

Guest pelmetman
donna miller - 2011-08-03 4:15 PM
ips - 2011-08-03 1:17 PMI dont have a problem with the noise particularily, I just cant see the point of dragging the thing around just to watch the TV. Cos I cant see any other reason for them, as we have managed 5 days with 2 batterys no problem.
To be honest, 99% of the ladies on here could say those exact words about their men. :D :D

8-)8-)...................(lol)(lol)(lol)

Your very rude about us men Donna:D

With these boards usually awash with posts concerning the lack of payload,with much talk of ditching spare wheels / jacks / leaving bikes at home etc,it amazes me how folk find the spare capacity to lug 'em about in the first place...?

(..and no..I'm not still talkin' about us blokes... *-) )

I've never really encountered anyone using a genny,so have no axe to grind one way or the other...but surely if they're off hookup,wouldn't that probably mean they've chosen to be on a quiet,possibly more rural site?..and if that's the case,why would you then choose to have a genny rattlin' away..? :-S

..if you feel that you *need* to run a genny,why wouldn't you just get a hookup pitch?..I must be misssing something ;-)

(..and yes I realise that *some* may need to run some sort of medical kit..)

The only time I came across one was last FA Cup final day. On a CL with no EHU near Devizes and a couple of caravaners who wanted to watch the match. They came over & asked if I minded them running the generator.

I was quite happy with that, but was very upset that they were watching football!!

I like funny shaped balls, & small round red ones? :D *-)

4 of the best

Isn't it traditionally SIX Donna?

donna miller - 2011-08-03 4:15 PM

ips - 2011-08-03 1:17 PM

I dont have a problem with the noise particularily, I just cant see the point of dragging the thing around just to watch the TV. Cos I cant see any other reason for them, as we have managed 5 days with 2 batterys no problem.

I am sorry but I have no idea what you meen :-D

Tony Jones - 2011-08-04 11:16 AM

4 of the best

Isn't it traditionally SIX Donna?

Not so in todays economic climate, everybody is making cutbacks.

I dont see what all the fuss is about We go away for weeks at a time with no hook ups or a generator We have a very efficient solar panel much cheaper than a genny and it is silent It is fixed to the top of the van so it cant get nicked if we go out

bertie dog - 2011-08-04 12:08 PM

I dont see what all the fuss is about We go away for weeks at a time with no hook ups or a generator We have a very efficient solar panel much cheaper than a genny and it is silent It is fixed to the top of the van so it cant get nicked if we go out

No one said it would be easy

Let me think, why would people have such atitudes to genny users?

Previous to last weekend my experiances of noise from genny's has been in north america, they seem obcessed with them when using state parks, but as a foriener I just acept it as their way.

This last weekend at Gatcombe was a real eye (or ear) opener for me.

Due to nature of event and being a pessimist I was expecting certain 'anoyances' and was, I thought prepared for worse.

These would be.

Lots of yappy dogs, yes there where.

Screaming kids, yes plenty of little girls shouting and screaming as they played.

Stable girls/boys on heat, yes friday night was 'interesting'!

What I hadn't allowed for was the tuggers and thier genny's! Take friday as an example, 8am having breakfast when the first starts up, so that was the quite time before kids fire up ruined. Back to van at lunchtime for food and rest, so another fires up a genny! Back at dinnertime, and yet another fires up a genny to ruin any chance of a quite meal, and then at 8pm yet another fires up a genny for two hours, WTF. Well on saterday it's repeated again so in evening we leg it to MInchinghampton common not getting back till late, thank god sunday night most had gone home.

Archived