Porch awning advice.

jjv

I have a Swift Sundance low-line with a Fiamma F45 fitted. We want to fit a porch awning using the slot in the Fiamma, ( I know it needs a smaller cord edge on the porch). The potential problem will be the slope of the porch roof fouling the door. This rules out all of the fibreglass pole in a sleeve types. The rail height is 260 cm.I am considering an Outdoor Revolution Explore ( I dont want a drive-away) which is advertised as "fully adjustable between 250 and 290cm." Has anyone out there used one of these porches please.

Guest pelmetman
We have what I call our light weight set up, ie we use our Fiamma and have bought some Sunblockers, they are very lightweight and all three sides will fit into a Tesco carrier bag (other carrier bags are available:D) there are also two extendable poles which I strap to our bike rack..........If it rains they dry in a flash...........and as for the Fiamma I have put that away wet many times in 20 years:D..........It's fine although it could do with a clean:$

DSCN2110web.jpg.a337f0de3848f87cbf65bcf4dce53e0f.jpg

We have used a Sunn camp 260 slotted into an Omnistor roll out . Our van was the Autocruise starburst which is low profile. Not quite sure where the problem is re slope and door hight as the Sunn camp slots into the groove on the lower edge of the roll out which is wound back against the side of the van once the porch awning is placed in the groove. It does have 3 fibre glass poles that slot into external sleeves but its height cleared the habitation door as the roll out does.

Total weight of ours is 17kg and the comfort level was much appreciated. Towsure and Riversway do an own lable clone of the Sunn camp.

Regards, Stewart

Archived