Free Stuff

Hilux

This is not strictly a campervan related topic. However, as a campervanner and also having a son who is a campervanner I thought this site might be of interest.

www.freelywheely.com

My camperavanning son takes stuff to the recycling centre using his VW camper and has been appalled by the waste gong to landfill. He lives in an affluent area and I have been to the recycling centre with him. The stuff that people there throw away is amazing: an almost new lawn mower, good furntiture and lots of other stuff, but it is not sold on.

Well in response to this stimulus he has produced this web site which aims to do somehting about this profligate activity. So I do have some interest in the site. However, it is non profit making and there is no cost to become involved. Why not take a look and if you have got something to get rid of why not post it on the site. It will save you a visit to the tip.

There are other sites like this, such as Freecycle but that's quite local. The FreeIyWheely sites hopes to be able to reach further afield witrh geographical accuarcy.

I have put something on. Take a look at my gold panning sluice. Could you be tempted to get that big nugget?

Best of luck to all. We are looking forward to our next trip to Croatia in September and October. We went to Morocco in the spring with Desert Detours. It was fantastic. www.desertdetours.com.

Hilux (yes I do drive one and its ancient)

B-)

I agree with your sentiments. Despite re-cycling, Freecycle type websites and e-bay etc. we do seem to throw away a lot of good stuff.

We and (being a little controversial here) the younger generation especially seem to have lost the ability/incentive/inclination to repair things.

But there again it's often cheaper or less hassle to replace rather than to repair.

Cattwg :-D

Guest pelmetman
Cattwg - 2011-08-04 8:36 PM  younger generation especially seem to have lost the ability/incentive/inclination to repair things.

I haven't.....................:D

Archived