Burstner spare wheel

Zyroman

Hello, my van did not come with a spare ( I can see where it used to be in the rear garage but I think the dealer may have liberated it) the van has an Alko chassis and I am wondering if I can just buy a spare wheel and tire for a Ducato from a breaker, I think, without checking it is a 16" . I am thinking more of having it ready for the recovery service as I am not thinking of carrying a jack big enough to lift my Van. Sorry, should have mentioned I have Alloys on my van at the moment and am wondering if I will need different bolts?

As Lenny says, steel wheel, different bolts. I wouldn't use either a tyre, or wheel bolts, from a breaker. The wheel itself, you can see, and can visually assess whether it is distorted or runs out of true.

They tyre is a different proposition, may conceal damage from abuse, and I would replace with new, if you seriously intend driving on it as opposed to just using it for support while a puncture is fixed.

Wheel bolts may have been overtightened, and may be liable to shear if further stressed. Besides, how much is a set of new ones?

Archived