gas bottles

trickydicky

Guest peter
trickydicky - 2011-08-07 7:12 PM

hi, does anybody know how much heavier 2 large FULL gas bottles are compared to 2 EMPTY ones please.

Are the empty ones large or small?.

trickydicky - 2011-08-07 7:12 PM

hi, does anybody know how much heavier 2 large FULL gas bottles are compared to 2 EMPTY ones please.

Page 657 of the Caravan Club's current handbook provides a useful list of UK gas-bottle dimensions and weights.

Based on the CC-provided data, a FULL 15kg-capacity Calor(butane) bottle would weigh around 34kg (and EMPTY around 19kg), while a FULL 13kg-capacity Calor(propane) bottle would weigh around 32kg (and EMPTY around 19kg).

So two full 15kg-capacity Calor(butane) bottles would weigh around 68kg (and empty around 38kg), while two full 13kg-capacity Calor(propane) bottles would weigh around 64kg (and empty also around 38kg).

Liquid butane weighs around 0.576kg per litre, whereas liquid propane weighs around 0.508kg per litre.

This earlier thread may also be of interest:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=23818&posts=15

Guest peter

So basically a bit of complicated math's would be, weight of full cylinder minus weight of gas would equal weight of empty cylinder.

As Tracker would say "simples" :D

I seriously can't believe this question was asked in the first place. (?)

peter - 2011-08-08 9:49 AM

...I seriously can't believe this question was asked in the first place. (?)

As it's self-evident that the question was asked, belief in it's being asked is academic. ;-)

(Now you'll understand what Jesuit training does to you and how I ended up working for the British Intelligence Services.)

oh how embarrassing.i actually needed to know how much an EMPTY gas bottle weighed ! just got carried away and worded it wrongly.i am actually quite good at maths believe it or not .thanks anyway for your replies especcially derek uzzell's,just what i wanted to know.

Archived