Will a metre matter?

calypso

Can anybody advise me what to do.... booked the ferry to France ,due to go Friday .... booked in June with the caravan club,just printed off my booking conformation and noticed motorcaravan length says ....up to 5 metres and it should say up to 6. ... Seeing as how all errors should be reported to the caravan club within 7 days ..... the office is closed for to-day ...if I ring tomorrow will they be able to alter it ? has this ever happened to anyone here,and what was the outcome. :$

You could try looking at the ferry operator's website and doing a mock booking to see if it makes a difference in the price for an 'up to 5m' or an 'up to 6m' motorhome, if it doesn't chances are its just a paper exercise, if not, you might end up having to pay the difference, and worse case scenario, an amendment fee too.

We've just come back from France and booked Britanny Ferries via Caravan Club who got both length and height wrong-2.5m as against 3m and 6m as against 6.8m but nobody questioned us on either crossing and there is a height limit on the Fastcraft of 3metres.

Luckily we didn't hit the roof!

Suppose it depends who you are crossing with but I doubt it will matter for such a small error-as Mel says do a mock booking and see if it alters your price

Mike

It does matter a bit, although not necessarily from a price point of view. The boat needs the length of every vehicle going on board so they can plan the loading. If every one was a metre longer then someone may not get on. P&O have a habit of checking lengths with a tape at Hull, again just to get loading right.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted out.

We booked through the C&CC when we went to Holland and I was asked if we had a bike rack. I said No as we didn't at the time. We since did buy one and we took our bikes with us. We didn't tell the club and we were put on. There was loads of spare space and nobody said anything to us.

They don't measure you, but if you said you was 6 metres when you was 8 or 9 they may say something to you, but I am sure they allow for wrong measurements.

Archived