oops

clay

hi all, had a slight accident last wekend , whilst reversing my bessie 765E 2002 around a camp site quietly a tree jumped out and smashed my rear offside lens cluster . now i have looked here and there on the web but cannot seem to source one. would any one have any suggestions as to where i can dig one of these items up. cheers >:-(

Or try Caravan-Components in Hull.

I had to replace a rear light on our AT earlier in the year and it was a 'Hella Caraluna' which C-C had in stock at the best price I could find. I phoned to check stock and was told if it was listed on their website then it was in stock, no questions of maybe or not. Sure enough it arrived within 48 hours and very well packed too :-D

Does yours look anything like the Hella?

HTH,

Keith.

clay - 2011-08-09 7:36 PM

hi all, had a slight accident last wekend , whilst reversing my bessie 765E 2002 around a camp site quietly a tree jumped out and smashed my rear offside lens cluster . now i have looked here and there on the web but cannot seem to source one. would any one have any suggestions as to where i can dig one of these items up. cheers >:-(

Have you tried ebay?

If it is a Fiat base van, I got one on an ebay shop (think it was Kent Motorhomes) for £46 when the dealer wanted £84+vat

Search under motorhomes then ducato and it will come up

Mike

It's not clear (at least to me) which light cluster was fitted to your particular vehicle.

Certainly some Bessacarr conversions at that time were fitted with the standard Sevel (Siem) lights normally fitted to the chassis cab - others may have had Hella units.

It's not generally easy to get replacement lenses, the whole unit may have to be purchased.

I'd suggest you look at

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/

....then enter the secure online shop, select "Product Overview, then scroll down and select "Road Lights"

The majority of the clusters used are available, including the standard Sevel (Fiat) lights.

You may be able to identify what you need (and if necessary purchase it).

You could try contacting Swift on their forum site

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk

Although Swift's are on holiday until monday 15th the forum is still monitored & they are generally quick to respond.

They will tell you if the lenses are still available, but may refer you to order through your dealer.

It would be worth asking if they can identify Make / Supplier if they are no longer available from Swifts directly.

Archived