PROPEX HEATER, OR NOT!!

NOELLY

I seem to have a problem with my Propex heater. I turn the gas on (really) turn the Zig unit on, press the switch, hey presto the unit starts up then promptly cuts out after about 12 seconds!! The small electric box connected to the heater, the low voltage cut out, if this is cutting out because of low voltage then what is the problem any answers greatly received

Not sure of your problem [my unit will not run on Moroccan bottles/gas ??] but I would say that the service from Propex is top class. Why not call them. I had a fault on my unit and they replaced it, and posted to Spain, AFTER it was out of warrenty.....

Hi, NOELLY The answer may be in your question, i would suggest you check your battery and the connections as your system is showing that the problem is low voltage, and this can be caused by a number of factors so start with the cheapest, is your battery fully charged, are there any lose connections, have you changed anything ??, if all of these are OK then it could be a fault with the heater itself ? hope this helps [QUOTE]NOELLY - 2006-04-10 9:31 PM I seem to have a problem with my Propex heater. I turn the gas on (really) turn the Zig unit on, press the switch, hey presto the unit starts up then promptly cuts out after about 12 seconds!! The small electric box connected to the heater, the low voltage cut out, if this is cutting out because of low voltage then what is the problem any answers greatly received[/QUOTE]

Archived