Sat Nav new disk up-date Pioneer model AVIC X1R

geraldbianchi

Hi Guys,

Further to my thread of 7th August I can confirm that I tried B M W dealers but they were un-able to help. So I went onto Ebay and found a site called M Engineering which offered the three 2010 updated disks I wanted for £ 9.99 ea, inc postage. A far cry from £ 250.00!! I checked out the site and noted that it was protected by Pay Pal and had good feed back comments. I took the bull by the horns so to speak and ordered 3 disks on Tuesday. Low & behold at noon to-day they arrived and are now installed in the Sat Nav unit. The disks appear to be Pioneer products with the Pioneer logo and marked 2010 up- date. Everything appears O K so far but the real test will come when we next visit Spain!

Hope all this helps

Gerald Bianchi

Hi,
Well done as they sell in the States for around $60 now as I have quoted to you 2 Disks come with that and they may have 2010 stamped on the disk  but the maps are 2008/2009. You say M Engineering on E Bay any chance of you putting up their link,
Regards,
Brendan

Hi Gearld,
Thanks a million, yes these are the same disks as the one's I quoted from the States that would upload CVDV-100MT. The sell for $50/60 for the two disks East/West.
You got a bargain, as you say even if the are 2008. I am almost sure the five/six I have loaded for friends were 2008 with 2010 on the disk. Again well done and thanks again.
Regards,
Brendan

Archived