more advice needed about inverters please.

trickydicky

hi, firstly, i'd just like to say thank you for all the advice i got from a thread i put on here the other day about using an inverter.i am clearer now about using one, but i'd like to just ask one more question...... what is the advantage of having a 300w,or 600w inverter instead of a 150w when it seems all you can really use them for is charging things up.(the 500w iron being the exception).

You need one to run the largest load you need, so if that's a 100w TV multiply it by 2 an get 200w. A 200w inverter will do the job and most importantly, not get hot or overload.

You will find that once you have bought a low power one you will wish you had bought a bigger one, maybe you might want to run an electric drill, or small hairdryer or whatever.

The price difference is not that great between the smaller ones and the bigger ones.

Lastly, buy a good one, as I said, Maplins have some good ones, not the cheapest but they work!

H

What will do a lot, will do a little but never the other way around.

You may not require anything larger than an 150 watt inverter now but your requirements will grow. I used to just charge my mobile phone and run my laptop computer now I run a mains only Freesat receiver and TV, my wife has a 300 watt hairdryer.

It is often cheaper and with more choice to buy a 240v item than a 12v item.

Archived