I don't give up!

magbrin

Highland mini meet confirmed for 22nd - 25th September.

Although members of this forum are not the best attendees so far north I am still hoping to see some of you (lol)

This will be our fourth meet, and we are hoping for a good turnout. Our meets are open to members of lots of forums, and have proved very successful. We have several vans booked already, from other forums, and lots of possibles, so I hope you can make it.

For where we are see www.brinherbnursery.co.uk This meet is the last weekend the nursery is open and will run from the Thursday to Sunday - although you are welcome to come earlier or stay later. It is free and you can come for as many nights as you like.

The usual pattern is free tea/coffee on arrival - or if you come after the cafe is closed it might be something stronger

Barbeques, visit to Loch Ness/Dores Inn - using local community mini-bus, visits to Inverness using service bus and activities, including walks, cycles, paddles etc are easy to arrange. We need drivers, as we cannot drive when we are open! so if you would be happy to drive the bus it would be helpful, but we would need your details in advance.

I will be posting again nearer the time with more detail, but in the mean time if you have any more questions (or ideas) - just ask/tell

All the best and safe travels

Margaret

(lol)

• 4 weeks later...

Highland mini meet 22nd – 25th September 2011 – but you can come for any or all of it, and stay longer if you like.

Cost - FREE

There is plenty of space for more but some definites/possibles: Please confirm.

Wunnell

Ardgour

Tonybvi

Mags52

Wild dancer

Steve Woodward

Magbrin – confirmed!

Timetable – to be confirmed

Thursday 22nd – arrival. Free tea/coffee in Schoolroom on arrival & BYOB after 5.30pm

Friday 23rd – relax, walk, cycle, boat, or whatever. Service bus to Inverness or Whitebridge – Free with your bus pass!!!

Evening BBQ – bring enough food for yourselves, but share it if you like and try someone elses! Bring your own drink. Alternative arrangements in Schoolroom if weather is bad. Donations of charcoal appreciated. And bring your musical instruments.

Saturday 14th – Lunchtime or evening trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn – there will be transport for a limited number – but there will be a charge for this. Driver may be required, and details will be needed asap for insurance.

Sunday – end of meet – but you are welcome to stay another night if you like – and entertain us!!!!.

Further notes:

We pride ourselves in organising small friendly and very successful meets in beautiful & peaceful surroundings. You can join in as much or as little as you like.

It is the end of our season and there is a sale on.

For more information visit our website at: www.brinherbnursery.co.uk

Hi Margaret,

Sounds like a fantastic weekend has been planned, and if only it were during October half term I'd be up there like a shot, especially as my oldest has just started uni in Dundee, so we could tie it in with a visit to him to drop off provisions!

We'll be at the Lincoln show that weekend.

Hope it all goes well. Please post a report for us here!

Steve

Soeey Margaret but 1000 mile round trip for a weekend with you is just a tad too far - apart from which we hope to be in the South of France by then where, with luck, it should be a tad warmer than the Heeelands!

The plan was to be in France now but what with builders over running by two weeks and several other irritating obstacles that life throws up from time to time I dare not even book the ferry yet!

Have a good weekend and watch out for saucy Sassenachs and wild Haggis - it's their rutting season you know - the Haggis not the Sassenachs - they rut all year round given half a chance!

Hi, Steve - Next year we will avoid the Lincoln show - others are also going.

We will have another 2 meets next year, no doubt, so maybe you will make one of them - it's time you visited the Britstop sites in Scotland :D

Tracker - we have planned an Indian summer, and anyway last time I was in France (last autumn) it was snowing all the way back from the Pyrenees :'( Haggi & deer will be roaring - you'll hear them and us wherever you are and BTW we have gatherers from as far away as Hampshire - so no more excuses 8o|

Now 11 vans booked - you don't know what you are missing :-D

All the best and safe travels (north to the Highlands)

Margaret

It’s looking good - a good selection of people across 3 forums.

Confirmed & probable:

• Mags 52

• ardgour

• esmusso

• salopian

• Robkeeble

• Allen

• Kev1

• Steve Woodward

• Wind dancer

• Georgert1

• Magbrin

Some queries/information before you come:

1. Remember to bring food (and drink) for barbeque for Friday night. We would also appreciate donations of charcoal and/or gas or battery operated lights, and possibly another awning/shelter. Any offers?

2. NOTE: If the weather is bad we have alternative inside space – so don’t be put off by the weather!

3. We will be running a trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn early on Saturday evening. The food is excellent (ask anyone who has been at one of our meets/gatherings before). It would be helpful to know if you are interested. This is NOT a final commitment, but in order to arrange transport (approx cost £2.50 - £3.00 per person) and make a provisional booking it would be helpful. Also it is possible we may have to limit numbers – so get your name down NOW!

It’s going to be a great weekend with some fantastic people, so if you haven’t signed up yet – we still have space for a few from here

See you there

Margaret

:D

Archived