Ducato 2004/5 Replace Front ABS Ring

enodreven

Hi,

Has anyone ever replaced the front ABS Ring on a 2004/5 Ducato 2.8 JTD only one of mine has broken it appears you can by the ABS rings as an after-market part, but I would be very interested if anyone has done this before and just what is involved

Thanks

braunston - 2011-08-17 2:56 PM

Hi,

Has anyone ever replaced the front ABS Ring on a 2004/5 Ducato 2.8 JTD only one of mine has broken it appears you can by the ABS rings as an after-market part, but I would be very interested if anyone has done this before and just what is involved

Thanks

We have just replaced an ABS ring on our 18 tonne lorry, what a nightmare, it would have been cheaper and more cost effective to buy a complete new disc.

Assuming yours is an outer activator ring i.e. fits round the outer edge of the disc.

To replace the ring however, you need to heat the ring up in the oven, and cool the disc in the freezer. Slip the ring over the disc (making sure it is perfectly aligned, I would suggest laying the whole lot on a perfectly flat surface), then tap into place GENTLY with a rubber mallet.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Archived