Water filler cap

I don't want to be offensive but why not just stick the hose in the hole like the rest of us. There is one make of motorhome (I can't remember which) that comes as standard with a hose fitting but owners all seem to moan about it because one has to move the motorhome to the tap every time one wants to fill the tank. We tend to stay on any one site for three or four nights and because I don't want to drive with lots of water on board we don't even carry a hose now. We simply use a MK1 watering can and add a few cans whenever needed.

Guest Tracker

The only problem with just sticking an 'ose in the 'ole is that when the water pressure is high the flippin' 'ose flips out of flippin' 'ole and a filler cap with a hozelock fitting obviates such 'appenings.

Simple modifications to the hose that cost nowt adn make it wider so that it wedges inside or under the rim of t'ole sometimes helps - depending on the shape of yer ' filler 'ole.

Sorry but I'll have to disagree with IPS and Art. Perhaps I'm missing something but where's this "key" business?

The Gillons gadgets item is the single best piece of kit I've bought for a motorhome. No splashing no mess no nothing. It cost me £9 years ago.

There's no key, you just plonk it in the filler and take it out when full. If we're staying for a few days and are near a tap, (which I endeavour to be), I just leave it in.

Martyn

Archived