Bournemouth 'aire' in September??

Keith T

SORRY DOUBLE POST - System VERY slow to respond, please read other posting with same title!!! even tried deleting this one, but that wouldnt work either.

Just reading the August Caravan Club Mag and see there is an ad for

'overnight motorhome stays on Bournemouth beach - from £20'.

My initial reaction,I'm afraid was it must be April!!! Howver, the website given appears to be a genuine one of Bournemouth 'What to do' etc. Having checked the website however, I can find no reference to the Motorhoming as advertised.

I can only assume it must be an 'overnight' use of some car park as it states it will be available from 6pm to 11am, and you can 'sleep yards from the shoreline'

I have e-mailed the contact address on the website, but.am wondering if anyone knows anything about this, it sounds rather expensive for the privilage of parking overnight on a carpark - might be cheaper to saty at the Travelodge if you book well in advance! Still, would like to know what is behind it all.

Hi Keith

We live just outside Bournemouth - I've never seen an "aire", but if you have any more clues about location, I could drive around and have a look. My best guess is the beachside car park at Boscombe (Bournemouth East), but it is just that - a car park.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Jeff. Yes I used to live in Ferndown many years ago, and must confess i can't think of anywhere whilch fits the bill...in fact I did e-mail the contact adress,whcih I thnik was part of Bournemouth Tourism, and they now claim the CC are jumping the gun. I have gone back saying well it was an ad, (which they must have put it and paid for!) and not a 'news item', and suggested they get in touch with the CC to clarify in the magazine shortly!

It now appears it's in very early stages of discussion..........I suggested to them they consider carefully how much usage it would get in winter months at the price quoted £20 PER NIGHT! and also they might like to do some research by using the MMM forum!!! I alsopointed out the off season most aires in France are free, and indeed we wouldnt pay anything like that for a full facility campsite in the uK off season....

If you have any contact with Bournemouth Tourism, perhpas you might like to have a word with them and see what they have to say!!

Hi Keith

Called into the tourism office earlier. The young lady there said she had taken a few calls about this. Apparently details are due to be announced in September, but she couldn't say if the proposed area is Boscombe or the Winter Gardens. She also didn't know if it is "just" parking..

Cheers

Jeff

Archived